The Student Room Group

OCR A A-level Physics Unified Physics (H556/03) - 15th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jdmicro
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10hiUPhIbv4Z5LbJv1sAFaIJ7XU1pIZRjjFqp5nai3bw/edit - Feel free to view the predictions and add suggestions here.

Feel like circuits will show given it’s a big topic and only had a small pd divider qu on paper 2. E and mag fields are definite as you said. Think the 6 markers will be more explain to set up experiments as they’ve not shown at all this year
Reply 21
For those who said they can't find 2022 papers, you can access them here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lgbawltbfrib0v1/AAAay2UVGW7YyWtNFkyd_gTHa?dl=0

Original post by I33ysanders
Feel like circuits will show given it’s a big topic and only had a small pd divider qu on paper 2. E and mag fields are definite as you said. Think the 6 markers will be more explain to set up experiments as they’ve not shown at all this year

Also all the practicals we need to know can be found on this website in powerpoint format: https://www.marlingphysics.co.uk/alevel-revision
Reply 22
last one, hopefully i can burn my physics book after this i dont want to ever do anything related to astro,particles and medical imaging again
Reply 23
What do I revise ? 😭
are u guys sure the topics that have already come up definitely wont be in paper 3. For other years has this been the case?
Original post by batman 68281
are u guys sure the topics that have already come up definitely wont be in paper 3. For other years has this been the case?

It's not guaranteed, anything could come up
Reply 26
Original post by Labradoodle1
It's not guaranteed, anything could come up

If they've already tested a given topic it's unlikely they'll want to test it again. However it is not impossible, so be ready for everything
Reply 27
can't wait to finish physics still can't recover from paper 1 but hopefully, paper 3 will give me a smile. just have to do my best on this one but preparing for the worst and hoping for the best
I think the 2018 paper could be very similar to what we will get tomorrow. 2 practical-based 6 markers, electric fields, uncertainty graph question, and electromagnetism 6 marker
Reply 29
In about 22 hours, we will be in the final exam for physics
Reply 30
why am I so terrified of this

Probably got 50 in p 1 and 50in p2 i needa B im so screwed
Reply 31
Original post by kizza11
What do I revise ? 😭

unfortunately everything!
Is it worth spending a decent chunk of time today learning the PAGS on topics that haven’t featured much in P1 and P2?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 33
Does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme for papers 1 and 2
Reply 34
Original post by hat25

I don't think it's even made
Do you lot expect medical to come up? There was lots on p2 and I dont want to spend time revising that **** again
Reply 36
Original post by geographygoat167
Do you lot expect medical to come up? There was lots on p2 and I dont want to spend time revising that **** again

considering how much it was featured in paper 2 and the fact that paper 3 is short, im not gonna spend time on it personally
Does anyone have any advice for how to manage time for paper 3. I seem to be hitting low 50s but I always end up missing around 6 marks at the end of the paper due to time.
I have tried doing the two six markers first, and leaving them last, but I always seem to get the same problem.
Original post by hat25

look on the paper 1 forum. i posted p1 all i could remember which was most questions
Reply 39
Original post by Call_Meh_QTpi
are you a physics student

yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending