The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Biology Paper 2 [16th June 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lanky_giraffe
If you did it in November you dont need an unofficial mark scheme.

the paper i did in november was actually the 2022 paper! x
Original post by alspals2006
the paper i did in november was actually the 2022 paper! x

So why do you need the unofficial mark scheme? xxxxxx
So why do you need the unofficial mark scheme? xxxxxx

lanky_giraffe - as I'm sure you are aware, A-levels are in 4 months. as someone that actually wants to do well, I like to take advantage of any possible resources that can help me with the A*. perhaps instead of hounding people on a forum such as this, you should be doing something productive.
thanks for your input!

also (for anyone taking A-levels this year), unofficial mark schemes are possibly the best way to revise due to the discussion from past students in the right hand column of answers and spec points. hope it helps you guys like it's helping me x
(edited 3 months ago)
lanky_giraffe - as I'm sure you are aware, A-levels are in 4 months. as someone that actually wants to do well, I like to take advantage of any possible resources that can help me with the A*. perhaps instead of hounding people on a forum such as this, you should be doing something productive.
thanks for your input!

also (for anyone taking A-levels this year), unofficial mark schemes are possibly the best way to revise due to the discussion from past students in the right hand column of answers and spec points. hope it helps you guys like it's helping me x

Got 3 A*s last year; I don’t think I struggle with productivity.

There are many other past papers on the AQA website and the specifications are there too. You shouldn’t really be using unofficial ones as they are sometimes incorrect and they’re classified for a reason. Schools can do mocks without their students knowing what’s on the papers so it gives the students a good idea what to revise before the actual exam and it gives teachers a good idea of what the students need help withZ

There are many other past papers on the AQA website and the specifications are there too. You shouldn’t really be using unofficial ones as they are sometimes incorrect and they’re classified for a reason. Schools can do mocks without their students knowing what’s on the papers so it gives the students a good idea what to revise before the actual exam and it gives teachers a good idea of what the students need help withZ

I wouldn’t be telling you all this if it was like a month before the actual A levels because then you would need this to look at it. After all, you already would’ve done all of the mocks. But since it’s still 4/5 months away I’m sceptical on whether you’re using this for the correct reasons.

a very very fair point - and one i definitely agree with. the only difference in my case is that because i find these unofficial mark schemes to be such a useful revision material (and there aren't many as it's a relatively new thing) it helps to use ones from previous years. but i do agree with the fact that students shouldn't be touching them before their mocks!
actually did mine in november! don't worry, not everyone here cheats on them x

Stop the cap 🫵🧢🧢⚠️⚠️⚠️
Yo what’s on paper 2 2023 doin a mock next week
Reply 2670
Original post by 1safwaan
Yo what’s on paper 2 2023 doin a mock next week

Student from last year here - don't cheat, it isn't worth it! Just do all the revision you can, getting a good score on your mock has nothing to do with your final exam if you cheat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending