The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Biology Paper 2 [16th June 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by hameedah:)
Here are my notes
You can open and close each toggle by clicking on the little triangles
If you want to edit it you can duplicate it
https://river-potato-a18.notion.site/8-The-control-of-gene-expression-24ecbcf4eb3f4e4483a6bd3b00b69868?pvs=4

Life saver!! Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by sb.xo
for hardy weinberg when are you meant to use the p or q as opposed to p^2 or q^2

I think p and q are the frequency of the dominant allele and recessive alleles e.g p=H and q=h
and p^2 is the frequency of homozygous dominant(HH) while q^2 is the frequency of homozygous recessive(hh)
are you expected to know that cystic fibrosis is expressed when alleles are doubly recessive or does the question tell you?
Original post by moonlight2460
are you expected to know that cystic fibrosis is expressed when alleles are doubly recessive or does the question tell you?

they tell you
Reply 84
https://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/download/Biology/A-level/Past-Papers/AQA/Paper-2/QP/June%202020%20QP.PDF
for question one, how are supposed to know this, I don't remember learning this in the spec?
Reply 85
I predicted viral replication comming up in Paper 1!!
Reply 86
Original post by ak.xo
https://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/download/Biology/A-level/Past-Papers/AQA/Paper-2/QP/June%202020%20QP.PDF
for question one, how are supposed to know this, I don't remember learning this in the spec?

I think it's the Muscles act in antagonistic pairs part of the spec
Hi, do you need to know that the name for the parasympathetic nerve is the vagus nerve or can you just call it the parasympathetic nerve?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 88
Hi, do you need to know that the name for the parasympathetic nerve is the vagus nerve or can you just call it the parasympathetic nerve?

Just parasympathetic should be fine
can someone describe the sequence of events of a heart rate through SAN? bit confused with it
has anyone here bought Miss Estruch's homeostasis pick n mix lesson and not been sent a link to join it?
Reply 91
can someone describe the sequence of events of a heart rate through SAN? bit confused with it

SAN sends wave of electrical activity / impulses (across atria) causing atrial contraction;
Non-conducting tissue prevents immediate contraction of ventricles/prevents impulses reaching the ventricles;
AVN delays (impulse) whilst blood leaves atria/ventricles fill;
(AVN) sends wave of electrical activity / impulses down Bundle of His
Causing ventricles to contract from base up;
Original post by anon25x
SAN sends wave of electrical activity / impulses (across atria) causing atrial contraction;
Non-conducting tissue prevents immediate contraction of ventricles/prevents impulses reaching the ventricles;
AVN delays (impulse) whilst blood leaves atria/ventricles fill;
(AVN) sends wave of electrical activity / impulses down Bundle of His
Causing ventricles to contract from base up;

so the delay is to allow the ventricles to fill. thank you
:yy:
Reply 93
Original post by fruityoghurt
has anyone here bought Miss Estruch's homeostasis pick n mix lesson and not been sent a link to join it?

Maybe email her?
Original post by JJ <3
Maybe email her?

i messaged her on instagram and she accidentally didn't send the link to me, but she's going to send the recording and all the resources so it's all fine now
hi question, do we need to know the mark-release-and recapture equation for estimated population size? I can't seem to find it in the spec
Original post by fruityoghurt
i messaged her on instagram and she accidentally didn't send the link to me, but she's going to send the recording and all the resources so it's all fine now

would you be able to put the recording link pls?
Reply 97
hi question, do we need to know the mark-release-and recapture equation for estimated population size? I can't seem to find it in the spec

Yes
Reply 98
Does anyone have any examples of essay that have been marked by their teachers and got around 20+ marks pls?
Original post by anon25x
Does anyone have any examples of essay that have been marked by their teachers and got around 20+ marks pls?

i'll pm you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending