The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Biology Paper 3 [21st June 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by hmoomz24
does anyone have prim kitten pred papers?

I've bought it but don't really know how useful it would actually be
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 41
Original post by HassnatR
I've bought it but don't really know how useful it would actually be

can you email paper 3 to me please?
Onto bio paper 3 last paper whooo
Reply 43
what are you guys revising for paper 3?
Original post by euwni
what are you guys revising for paper 3?

isk probably just going over every topic again and practicing essays done most of the topics for paper 2
Reply 45
what are some predictions for the essays?
Original post by hiyaa_s
what are some predictions for the essays?

see here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=98563970&postcount=38
Reply 47
Original post by fruityoghurt
Hey! Hope paper 2 went well for everyone :smile: My predictions have been correct so far for paper 1 and 2, so here are my paper 3 predictions:

- Cardiac cycle (may be linked to control of heart rate)
- Translocation and evidence for/against mass flow hypothesis (ringing experiments, tracers)
- Index of diversity (may be linked to transects/quadrats in topic 7)
(Protein synthesis may come up, but this may be linked to topic 8 content)
- Taxes/Kinesis (incl RP 10)
- Control of blood glucose concentration (incl RP 11)
- Stem cells
- Oestrogen - linked to transcription factors
- Photosynthesis/Respiration
- Some more juicy genetics qu's

Essay predictions (anything can come up, so here are 4 potential essay titles):

- The importance of proteins in the control of processes and responses in organisms
- The importance of hydrogen bonds
- The importance of water
- The importance of concentration gradients

(Microorganisms is unlikely to come up as a title, even though Miss Estruch predicted it -- most of the topics are overlapping and there's not enough content on microbiology, but it is a good idea to plan an essay for it!)

If there's enough people who want it, I may post my A* essay answers to the essay titles which got me the top band by my teacher. Good luck! :smile: ONE MORE PAPER AND THAT'S BIO DONE. YOU GOT THIS.

Yess pls post ur essays 🙏
Hi all, hope revision is going well.

I sat my A Level Biology exam in 2018 and got the highest national mark on paper 3 and FULL marks on the essay. I have a copy of my essay back from the examiners from years ago - if anyone is interested please DM me your email and I can send it to you :smile:

I've got a youtube channel where I go through each of the required practicals - do take a look! The videos are very concise and include the most common Qs usually asked for these practicals:

Spoiler

Aaaaaand lastly I've got lots of application style / predicated papers (especially for paper 3) - might be useful!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Best of luck xx
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 49
@fruityoghurt

any chance I could please have that A* essay example? Would be a massive help
Reply 50
omg please I need them , I struggle with essays so much its terrific
Hey! Hope paper 2 went well for everyone :smile: My predictions have been correct so far for paper 1 and 2, so here are my paper 3 predictions:

- Translocation and evidence for/against mass flow hypothesis (ringing experiments, tracers)
- Stem cells
- Inheritance unlikely to appear but may be some more juicy genetics qu's

- The importance of proteins in the control of processes and responses in organisms

(Microorganisms is unlikely to come up as a title, even though Miss Estruch predicted it -- most of the topics are overlapping and there's not enough content on microbiology, but it is a good idea to plan an essay for it!)

If there's enough people who want it, I may post my A* essay answers to the essay titles which got me the top band by my teacher. Good luck! :smile: ONE MORE PAPER AND THAT'S BIO DONE. YOU GOT THIS.
Original post by allegoryofmyths
I would love the essays please! thanks so much :smile:

Original post by JJ <3
Yess pls post ur essays 🙏

Original post by matt17720
@fruityoghurt

any chance I could please have that A* essay example? Would be a massive help

Original post by Sb17890
omg please I need them , I struggle with essays so much its terrific

I'm currently just going home now and will need to type up the essays tonight since they were handwritten.

Everyone - they will be posted as a PDF/google drive link tomorrow morning :smile:
Reply 52
Hey, I have a question.
If one paragraph of an essay was about the second messanger model, what would be the importance of this other than there being enough glucose? Like can i try and link it to osmotic potential?

- Stem cells

Please post essay answers.

Thank you.
Reply 54
I'm currently just going home now and will need to type up the essays tonight since they were handwritten.

Everyone - they will be posted as a PDF/google drive link tomorrow morning :smile:

Aww u don’t have to type them out, unless you want to obvs, I don’t want u to waste ur time but thank youuu 😩
Reply 55

Thank you mate
Hey guys so after paper 2 i wanted to note down what didn't show up much in both papers as there is a high likelihood they'll be on this paper.
AS Content: Mass Transport and Gas exchange (Module 3), Ecology (Second half of module 4)
A2 Content: Respiration and Photosynthesis (Module 5), No taxis and kinesis (Module 6)
Hope you find this helpful :smile:

- Stem cells

Please post your essays it would be so helpful
would love the essay!! so helpful thanks

- Stem cells

Reply 59
just to add cos ik someone alrdy put this on, these are all the topics that weren't assessed in P1/2 but obv aqa being aqa that will defo refuse to mention some and then repeat some others

Photosynthesis
Respiration (stretch)
Nerves Resting and action potentials and ****
Blood glucose and the calibration RPA
Succession
Mutations
Transcription factors/siRNA/oestrogen (stretch)
Lipids
Dna replication (stretch)
Transport across membranes and beetroot and osmosis RPA
The heart and blood vessels and dissection RPA
Literally all of protein synthesis
Literally all of biodiversity
Good luck guys they left all the *****y waffly topics for P3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending