The Student Room Group

Eduqas A-Level Biology Component 2 [16th June 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hehehuhuhihi
is there a possibility that there could be a core concepts 9 marker like comparing mitosis vs meiosis or protein synthesis.

i mean i wouldnt mind a 9 marker on mitosis and meiosis but protein synthesis absolutely not
i need everyone to validate my hate of variation and evolution
Original post by hirvatrivedi1
i need everyone to validate my hate of variation and evolution

why do u hate it. isn't it usually just some numbercrunching and knowing definitions. i think application of genetics is far more harder
Reply 43
I don't mind variation and evolution all it involves is speciation as natural selection just memorise the process and can repeat it for any question. Worst is defo plant reproduction. I like the applications of genetics tbh. Pure inheritance is awful its all just nonsense to me how can a letter decide if you have green eyes UGH.
Original post by User_F1
I don't mind variation and evolution all it involves is speciation as natural selection just memorise the process and can repeat it for any question. Worst is defo plant reproduction. I like the applications of genetics tbh. Pure inheritance is awful its all just nonsense to me how can a letter decide if you have green eyes UGH.

them dodgy inheritance 2 markers that be asking for the most obscure bs ever. the only saving grace for the inheritance topic are the crosses and chi squared test.
Reply 45
them dodgy inheritance 2 markers that be asking for the most obscure bs ever. the only saving grace for the inheritance topic are the crosses and chi squared test.

LMAO I just pray on the stats test. the best ones ever are when its 3 marks to calculate it AND THEN another 4 to analyse it with a critical value!!
are you guys doing exam qs now or just going over notes/blurting. im reluctant to do exam qs at this stage cos i dont wanna get qs wrong and panic.
Reply 47
are you guys doing exam qs now or just going over notes/blurting. im reluctant to do exam qs at this stage cos i dont wanna get qs wrong and panic.

I did some this morning but not now. Yeh - just going over notes.
Reply 48
well good luck everyone lets hope eduquas isnt a ***** with this paper
Reply 49
how did everyone find it?
Reply 50
lol i honestly don’t know how i’ve done it all depends on the mark scheme
Reply 51
yeah literally. did u guys get 87.25 or something like at for chi squared? and like 16 mins for the speed production one
Reply 52
and like 1.003x10^-somethijg for the size of dna
yes to all of thosr
i got 87 for chi2
16m mins speed thing and like 1003 for the other thing
Reply 54
Original post by hirvatrivedi1
yes to all of thosr
i got 87 for chi2
16m mins speed thing and like 1003 for the other thing

It was a weird paper but yeah I think I got the maths one there was loads of conclusions from data questions as well. The 9 marker was alright.
Reply 55
wait i got 82.2 for chi2 😭😭 same conclusion tho
Reply 56
ik i ****ed up some maths and got stuff mixed up but there’s no point dwelling on it init time to move onto chem paper 2 and i’m gunna acc try for component 3😭😭
I thought that paper was absolutely horrible and I guessed most of the answers so now I’m really worried about getting into uni :/
not many questions where you could just rely on memorised knowledge. and i spelt interstitial cells wrong ffs.
Original post by felicity0104
I thought that paper was absolutely horrible and I guessed most of the answers so now I’m really worried about getting into uni :/

yeah i lowkey found it really hard bc of how many date conclusion questions and stuff there was

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending