The Student Room Group

Eduqas A-level French Component 2 (12 Jun) and 3 (19 Jun 2023) [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your Edquas A-level French exam go today?

Eduqas A-level French

Component 2 (A800U20-1) 12th June 2023

Component 3 (A800U30-1) 19th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Component 2
Date/Time: 12 Jun 2023/ AM
Length: 2h 30m

Component 3
Date/Time: 19 Jun 2023/ AM
Length: 2h
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Hi guys! How did everyone find it? Wasn't a fan of the gapfill at all but the rest was good. :]
Reply 2
Original post by erique
Hi guys! How did everyone find it? Wasn't a fan of the gapfill at all but the rest was good. :]

The gap fill was awful I think the rest of it was ok, the second part of the burkha question and the translations were slightly confusing though. I'm hoping the mark schemes are relatively generous e.g. rephrasing answers from the text
Reply 3
Original post by Pwca

Eduqas A-level French

Component 2 (A800U20-1) 12th June 2023

Component 3 (A800U30-1) 19th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Component 2
Date/Time: 12 Jun 2023/ AM
Length: 2h 30m

Component 3
Date/Time: 19 Jun 2023/ AM
Length: 2h

translations were tricky- had to miss out “revues” and i didn’t know what hills or candles were for the english to french. gap fill was a nightmare, and the summary question on burqas was hard too- i just know i’ve lost loads of marks.
Reply 4
Original post by scfc05
The gap fill was awful I think the rest of it was ok, the second part of the burkha question and the translations were slightly confusing though. I'm hoping the mark schemes are relatively generous e.g. rephrasing answers from the text

I agree! the burkini questions felt like I was just repeating myself! And there were a few words in the translation that I didn't know but I think that's a given. I did a lot of rephrasing and using synonyms so I'm hoping I've gained marks there! Proud of you :>
How’s everyone feeling for paper 3?
Reply 6
Is any doing either No et Moi or Les choristes for paper 3? If so they can helo me with essay themes/ideas/analysis? :smile:
How did everyone find the paper today ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending