The Student Room Group

Eduqas A-Level Biology Component 2 [16th June 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

pretty ok paper hopefully it went well for everyone. there was quite alot of knowledge based questions which i liked
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Bgfgujgf
I’m really confused by this can someone tell me what they put For the application of genetic question and dmd was it not asking about genetic engineering and the process at least that’s what I did

i wrote somet about exon skipping
also btw does anyone do immunology for the option in paper 3?
Original post by dadadeedadada
also btw does anyone do immunology for the option in paper 3?

yea mate
Reply 84
(Original post by dadadeedadada)also btw does anyone do immunology for the option in paper 3?

yes i do
Reply 85
what was that paper...
Reply 86
how am i meant to know if it went good or not it was all application...
Reply 87
What did everyone get for that phloem question it was really confusing me so I left it out
Original post by Aleash
What did everyone get for that phloem question it was really confusing me so I left it out

i put it has no chromosomes cz they have no organelles to reduce resistance to flow
Original post by neginn004
the muscle one

I do that one too it sucks
Original post by felicity0104
I do that one too it sucks

yh same its literally so long as well
Original post by neginn004
yeah i think so

I put sympatric speciation, was there a geographical barrier… no right??
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
I put sympatric speciation, was there a geographical barrier… no right??

I also put that, I assumed it meant large jaw Vs small jaw as opposed to island Vs mainland, not sure which is correct
Reply 93
I said allopatric speciation because they are isolated (one on mainland one in island 5km aways) this means reduced gene flow between the two then the both face different selection pressures and mutations and then can’t interbreed to produce fertile offspring
Original post by User_F1
I said allopatric speciation because they are isolated (one on mainland one in island 5km aways) this means reduced gene flow between the two then the both face different selection pressures and mutations and then can’t interbreed to produce fertile offspring

yeah thats almost word for word what i wrote but i didnt say reduced gene flow
Reply 95
Original post by hirvatrivedi1
yeah thats almost word for word what i wrote but i didnt say reduced gene flow

Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 17.29.37.png
That's what the mark scheme was last year for the speciation and I think ours was out of 3?
Reply 96
This was exactly my answer as well

Original post by User_F1
Original post by john_kellen
I also put that, I assumed it meant large jaw Vs small jaw as opposed to island Vs mainland, not sure which is correct

I hope we are right, but ours was a dead end cos we couldn’t talk bout the gene pool etc so we’re probably wrong 😭😭😭
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 98
What did people say for the question about why does it not carry out nitrogen fixation? I said it has mitochondria so must peform aerobic respiration.
Original post by User_F1
What did people say for the question about why does it not carry out nitrogen fixation? I said it has mitochondria so must peform aerobic respiration.

I put it’s not pink 😭 I’m so dumb

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending