The Student Room Group

Eduqas A-Level Biology Component 2 [16th June 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
What did you guys put for that C something enzyme inhibiting a plant from producing spindles in the cell?? And why this might be an advantage for the plant or something
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 101
Original post by j.b432
What did you guys put for that C something enzyme inhibiting a plant from producing spindles in the cell?? And why this might be an advantage for the plant or something

I said advantage is that it means other plants cannot develop in the soil so less competition and the if spindle fibres can't form then it prevents genetic variation so genes are conserved.
Reply 102
litro about 70 marks of that paper was application ffs
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
I put it’s not pink 😭 I’m so dumb

i thought the white bits were air spaces so i said they had oxygen in them so the thingy couldnt work 💀
Original post by hirvatrivedi1
i thought the white bits were air spaces so i said they had oxygen in them so the thingy couldnt work 💀

That’s correct I think… my friend said she wrote that too, it sounds correct

Also what r ur predictions for c3??!
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
I put it’s not pink 😭 I’m so dumb

They showed in the figure that there were photosynthetic pigments which means photosynthesis is occurring which produces oxygen as a product so it inhibits nitrogen fixation
Reply 106
Original post by felicity0104
I thought that paper was absolutely horrible and I guessed most of the answers so now I’m really worried about getting into uni :/

same here, quite a few people in my class found it okay and that had me worried :frown:
Original post by Neurosciencenerd
They showed in the figure that there were photosynthetic pigments which means photosynthesis is occurring which produces oxygen as a product so it inhibits nitrogen fixation

omg yes that's exactly what i put as well
guys yk that question that asks what cells secrete testosterone would both interstitial cells and cells of leydig be allowed?
Original post by dadadeedadada
guys yk that question that asks what cells secrete testosterone would both interstitial cells and cells of leydig be allowed?

same thing different name so yuh both fine
Original post by Neurosciencenerd
same thing different name so yuh both fine

Original post by dadadeedadada

i think the main answer is leydig but if interstitial is technically correct they'll defo allow it too. Dont stress it's only a one mark question anyway :smile:
Original post by Aleash
What did everyone get for that phloem question it was really confusing me so I left it out

I kind of guessed it cus I had no idea lol. I said there are no chromosomes cus there is not a nucleus.
Original post by maddielovescats
I messed up the 6 marker on plant reproduction and the chromosomes cause apparently is said that 2n=16 which i didn’t see so i just used the usual 23 and 46 chromosome numbers 😐😐

saw it last minute lmaooo and then changed my answer
Original post by help pls for rep
Bruh its over. I wrote correct chi squated value then crossed it out and devided the answer by 40. Like wth. U reckon theyll mark my crossed out answer heard they do that

i think they only do that if u have crossed ur answer out but havent replaced it with another answer or working out
(Original post by Neurosciencenerd)They showed in the figure that there were photosynthetic pigments which means photosynthesis is occurring which produces oxygen as a product so it inhibits nitrogen fixation

this is what i put
Reply 116
Original post by j.b432

Bit late but I think I put something about controlling cell cycle so tumors don't form (probably wrong though).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending