The Student Room Group

Eduqas A-Level Biology Component 3 [21st June 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 3myrf47
What did everyone put for the why the yak has high breathing rate question

I said something about how they need to ventilate more to associate to oxygen so they breathe more as they live in low ppo2 environment so maximise oxygen absorbtion
Reply 61
Original post by dadadeedadada
yk for the question that was like why was there actually a lower number of deaths compared to what was recorded wth were u supposed to write?

i put just because someone has tb doesnt mean they died from the tb it couldve beenn another cause of death
Original post by amythestx
i put just because someone has tb doesnt mean they died from the tb it couldve beenn another cause of death

it was such a random question not even related to the content at all
Reply 63
yk for the question that was like why was there actually a lower number of deaths compared to what was recorded wth were u supposed to write?

not a clue I just said that the doctor may record cause of death as TB as it was common cause at the time and that TB may be a secondary infection that caused death - not primary cause.
Reply 64

I put that you can see the servity of the disease if put per 100000 and how in smaller populations having less deaths may seem good but compared to the population it doesn’t show the true spread of the disease. Honestly a complete guess I’m prob wrong anyways(realised I answered the question just before the one ur asking about)
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 65
Original post by Neurosciencenerd
I said something about how they need to ventilate more to associate to oxygen so they breathe more as they live in low ppo2 environment so maximise oxygen absorbtion

Yeah I also said something about ventilation
Reply 66
it was such a random question not even related to the content at all

I put misdiagnosis
Reply 67
How many genes did people say were needed for heamoglobin that was so random and I had no idea. Also, the one about the type 1 diabetes I said that if the blood has high glucose then no concentration gradient will be made so glucose won't move out of PCT to blood so more in urea?
Reply 68
Original post by 3myrf47
I put misdiagnosis

I think I put false positive
Reply 69
Original post by User_F1
How many genes did people say were needed for heamoglobin that was so random and I had no idea. Also, the one about the type 1 diabetes I said that if the blood has high glucose then no concentration gradient will be made so glucose won't move out of PCT to blood so more in urea?

for the genes i put 4, one for each type of polypeptide. for the diabetes one i put if theres too much glucose there isnt enough na+ to co transport it out of the blood
Reply 70
For the one about why does the injection have to go into the epidermis what did people say and also about the how would an immune response activate. I said that it has to go beyond epidermis to be able to be absorbed into the blood stream to create immune response and it would just cause the skin to swell if it didn't go beyond. Then said that the antigen presentation on B-lymphocyte causes clonal expansion of B-cells into antibody secreting plasma cells and memory cells. Anyone else??
Reply 71
Original post by User_F1
For the one about why does the injection have to go into the epidermis what did people say and also about the how would an immune response activate. I said that it has to go beyond epidermis to be able to be absorbed into the blood stream to create immune response and it would just cause the skin to swell if it didn't go beyond. Then said that the antigen presentation on B-lymphocyte causes clonal expansion of B-cells into antibody secreting plasma cells and memory cells. Anyone else??

for the injection i just put it needed to reach the blood stream where the immune system is, for the immune response i put apcs cause b cells to turn into plasma cells, which release antibodies and said it was artificial and active immmunity
Reply 72
for the injection i just put it needed to reach the blood stream where the immune system is, for the immune response i put apcs cause b cells to turn into plasma cells, which release antibodies and said it was artificial and active immmunity

OHHHH yeh that active immunity makes sense for the 3rd mark tbh
Reply 73
The GABA and organophosphate question was so good
Reply 74
Original post by teddydog10
What did people put as the 3 structures on the first page??

Podocyte, I think the structure was glomerulus and then can't remember the last one.
Reply 75
Original post by User_F1
Podocyte, I think the structure was glomerulus and then can't remember the last one.

i put the same. for the other structure i had no idea so guessed capillary
Original post by Bgfgujgf
I put that you can see the servity of the disease if put per 100000 and how in smaller populations having less deaths may seem good but compared to the population it doesn’t show the true spread of the disease. Honestly a complete guess I’m prob wrong anyways(realised I answered the question just before the one ur asking about)

lmao its fine, again that one was such a weird question too
Reply 77
i put the same. for the other structure i had no idea so guessed capillary

Pretty sure I said capillary now you mention it !
Reply 78
Original post by User_F1

I can’t remember what order but I got podocyte bowman’s capsule and proximal convulted tubule
Reply 79
Original post by Bgfgujgf
I can’t remember what order but I got podocyte bowman’s capsule and proximal convulted tubule

Same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending