The Student Room Group

Eduqas A-Level Biology Component 3 [21st June 2023] Exam Chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Neurosciencenerd
I said something about how they need to ventilate more to associate to oxygen so they breathe more as they live in low ppo2 environment so maximise oxygen absorbtion

yh thats exactly what i said
Original post by User_F1
How many genes did people say were needed for heamoglobin that was so random and I had no idea. Also, the one about the type 1 diabetes I said that if the blood has high glucose then no concentration gradient will be made so glucose won't move out of PCT to blood so more in urea?

i think i talked about it being cotransport with sodium
Original post by User_F1
The GABA and organophosphate question was so good

what did you put for the GABA question, it really threw me for a bit ngl and idk if i even wrote the correct things
Reply 83
Original post by hirvatrivedi1
i think i talked about it being cotransport with sodium

yh same here i said that it’s not efficient if u re absorb all of it since it would require a lot of Na+ and atp but icl that whole exam i was wafflingggg
Reply 84
Original post by amythestx
i put just because someone has tb doesnt mean they died from the tb it couldve beenn another cause of death

i was like people may of had similar side effects but didn’t have tb but their death was reported as tb😭😭
Reply 85
Did no one say about prevention and treatments using antibiotics and BCG vaccination programmes for the tb one ?
Reply 86
Original post by rayano
Did no one say about prevention and treatments using antibiotics and BCG vaccination programmes for the tb one ?

Huh?
Original post by User_F1
Huh?

Those who do immuno
Reply 88
Original post by hirvatrivedi1
what did you put for the GABA question, it really threw me for a bit ngl and idk if i even wrote the correct things

I said the GABA would bind to the synapse and prevent the other acetylcholine from binding and then it said about chloride move in and potassium out so I said the Cl- would make it more negative so the threshold potential wouldnt be reached so no more depolarisations.
Original post by Bgfgujgf
I can’t remember what order but I got podocyte bowman’s capsule and proximal convulted tubule

I thought it was (not in order) PCT podocyte and squamous epithelium? It asked for the cell type as well
Original post by TravelMasterA
I thought it was (not in order) PCT podocyte and squamous epithelium? It asked for the cell type as well

idk about pct but one was definately the bowmans capsule bc it pointed to the white section
Reply 91
Hey everyone, I know this chat is prolly inactive by now but does anyone have any advice for alevel biology Eduqas, I mean I find the pmt questions relatively easy but in my mocks its 10 times harder, is there anything I can do to overcome this, what other resources did u guys use apart from pmt? I have an upcoming C3 mock which I am fully prepared in content with, and have started doing past exam paper questions. I am in year 13. Thank u
Original post by A.JJ1
Hey everyone, I know this chat is prolly inactive by now but does anyone have any advice for alevel biology Eduqas, I mean I find the pmt questions relatively easy but in my mocks its 10 times harder, is there anything I can do to overcome this, what other resources did u guys use apart from pmt? I have an upcoming C3 mock which I am fully prepared in content with, and have started doing past exam paper questions. I am in year 13. Thank u

Learn the mark schemes and key phrases they want to hear. Even if you have no idea on a question you get marks by writing down key words eg anything with atp= active transport.
Reply 93
Original post by Laura 333
Hate the paper xxx anyone else cos I’m feeling worried

Hey do u remember what the QER was on ?
Reply 94
Anyone remember the QER ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending