The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Chemistry Paper 3 (7405/3) - 23rd June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Mallyally98
We haven't had any questions about titration curves yet right? I can't remember because I block all memories of previous exams to save from self-imploding :smile:

Yeah I don't think there was any titration curves
Just to make you all feel better I'm a private candidate who stupidly decided they could teach themselves A-level chemistry from a textbook and chemrevise...I haven't set foot in a lab in SEVEN YEARS let alone done a single practical so it's safe to say i'm doomed. I'm just out here lowering the grade boundaries for you all :smile:
Original post by ifif4
Yeah I don't think there was any titration curves

I dont think so
Paper 1 had several marks on the titration practical and also a pH curve, if thats what you mean?
Reply 23
Original post by FatalArcher
I dont think so
Paper 1 had several marks on the titration practical and also a pH curve, if thats what you mean

I don't remember any pH curve questions that came up in paper 1. I know there was titrations questions but not on pH curves
Original post by ifif4
I don't remember any pH curve questions that came up in paper 1. I know there was titrations questions but not on pH curves

Oh yes sorry
I mean a small bit on indicators and a bit on weak acid - weak base titrations
Reply 25
Original post by FatalArcher
Oh yes sorry
I mean a small bit on indicators and a bit on weak acid - weak base titrations

Yah I think there was only 1 marker where we had to chose the indicator
Reply 26
Just to make you all feel better I'm a private candidate who stupidly decided they could teach themselves A-level chemistry from a textbook and chemrevise...I haven't set foot in a lab in SEVEN YEARS let alone done a single practical so it's safe to say i'm doomed. I'm just out here lowering the grade boundaries for you all :smile:

Trust me the practicals at skl don’t even help, it’s literally a time to have fun and talk with our friends and play dress up! 😭😭
how does 3-chloro-butan-2-one have a doublet???
ch3 on one side is attached to carbon with 1 hydrogen (the same carbon that is attached to the chlorine). Hence splitting pattern is n+1 so doublet

Original post by studybug531
how does 3-chloro-butan-2-one have a doublet???
Original post by Rallycarwow
ch3 on one side is attached to carbon with 1 hydrogen (the same carbon that is attached to the chlorine). Hence splitting pattern is n+1 so doublet

Ouuu I’m so stupid I drew the C— Cl without a H 🤦*♀️thanks!!!
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 30
Guys surely there's going to Gibbs Free energy right?, If so that would be the easiest 5 marker or whatever.

Also what other topics do you reckon could come up? for example the making an organic liquid experiment ... etc ..
Reply 31
Original post by ifif4
Yah I think there was only 1 marker where we had to chose the indicator

Don’t remember this question at all 😭 was it a tick box or did we have to write one? I cannot remember at all
Reply 32
Original post by Seggsy
Guys surely there's going to Gibbs Free energy right?, If so that would be the easiest 5 marker or whatever.

Also what other topics do you reckon could come up? for example the making an organic liquid experiment ... etc ..

Gibbs like you said will definitely come up! Chromatography hasn’t come up so potentially that, people are saying a group 7/2 practical may come up (required practical 4). We had that 8marker on tests so I don’t think they will give us another one of them!
Anything else? Acids and bases I don’t think came up very much so maybe some more on that? I cannot remember if it did tho 😭
Reply 33
Original post by E.my04
Gibbs like you said will definitely come up! Chromatography hasn’t come up so potentially that, people are saying a group 7/2 practical may come up (required practical 4). We had that 8marker on tests so I don’t think they will give us another one of them!
Anything else? Acids and bases I don’t think came up very much so maybe some more on that? I cannot remember if it did tho 😭

Yeah also to group 2 reactions, like their hydroxides and sulphates. I can't remember if a kc question came up yet so that too. Maybe be some simple periodicity questions. also maybe a in-depth electrochemical cells Q. I dunno Maybe Redox and oxidation questions, I hate these( too confusing). maybe period 3 elements and oxides. That's all I could think of right now plus what you said.
Reply 34
Original post by E.my04
Don’t remember this question at all 😭 was it a tick box or did we have to write one? I cannot remember at all

we had to write one
Reply 35
We haven't had any questions about titration curves yet right? I can't remember because I block all memories of previous exams to save from self-imploding :smile:

There was one where it asked you why using Indicator X wouldn't work for a weak acid - weak base titration, and it showed a curve graph
Original post by E.my04

Bro if they’re like biology then it’s unpredictable. Bio paper 1 was allll immunity
and immunity came up in paper three too
Reply 37
How many marks is everyone aiming for
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_PTjFCzCf4U

A pretty good video
It predicts the paper 3 and reminds us what the other 2 papers were composed of
Original post by agdtdydy
How many marks is everyone aiming for

60/65 terrified I’m not gonna get a B

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending