The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Chemistry Paper 3 (7405/3) - 23rd June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

theres literally no pattern to any of the papers so revise everything. stop trying to predict its just stupid and a waste of ur time. in prev years a topic has not come up in either paper 1 or 2 in bulk n in some years a lot of the same topic has shown up in both paper 1 or 2 n 3. just revise
What do you think a B will be this year
Any predictions on what might come up?
Reply 43
Man I hate chemistry so much, I ****ed paper 1 then made silly mistakes in paper 2 and I need a B. What have I gotta do to do well in this paper and what do you reckon grade boundaries for a B will be?
didnt kc come up as 4/5 marker ? the rearranging
Reply 45
Original post by cellulus25
didnt kc come up as 4/5 marker ? the rearranging

No i don't think so . I think you may be talking about kp
Reply 46
Original post by Jegory64
Man I hate chemistry so much, I ****ed paper 1 then made silly mistakes in paper 2 and I need a B. What have I gotta do to do well in this paper and what do you reckon grade boundaries for a B will be?

honestly same man im praying a B is like around 150~160 but will be probably unlikely
Original post by ifif4
No i don't think so . I think you may be talking about kp

oh yh, youre right, thank u
This chat is very quiet compared to the others
Lots of people still recovering from bio
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 49
i hate how all the predictions have been wrong. not that im basing my revision of it but in biology its just been immunity for p1 and p3. i just hope stuff that didn't come up for p1 p2 chemistry comes up since quite a lot didnt
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 50
Original post by Mallyally98
Just to make you all feel better I'm a private candidate who stupidly decided they could teach themselves A-level chemistry from a textbook and chemrevise...I haven't set foot in a lab in SEVEN YEARS let alone done a single practical so it's safe to say i'm doomed. I'm just out here lowering the grade boundaries for you all :smile:

same here but i did my practicals privately which was no help
Reply 51
Has anyone ever got 75 on paper 3? Any tips. Do you think if I do every single past paper question I'd be able to get it
Original post by Mallyally98
Just to make you all feel better I'm a private candidate who stupidly decided they could teach themselves A-level chemistry from a textbook and chemrevise...I haven't set foot in a lab in SEVEN YEARS let alone done a single practical so it's safe to say i'm doomed. I'm just out here lowering the grade boundaries for you all :smile:

I wouldn’t say you are doomed yet, considering you have one last paper to go (and for all you know, it could go really well for you) and this is TSR which is disproportionately made up of nerds who know their subjects very well and so does not accurately reflect how well the entire cohort will perform.

The practicals aren’t a lot of help imo. Sure they are fun and all, but it’s rare they ask you to recite a full method and even then you can find good summary notes of why certain things are done in each practical which essentially cover every possible question they could throw at you.

See here: https://chemrevise.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/practical-guide-aqa1.pdf

Also, well done on choosing to take A level chemistry privately. As the age old saying goes, “fortune favours the brave”.
Original post by agdtdydy
Has anyone ever got 75 on paper 3? Any tips. Do you think if I do every single past paper question I'd be able to get it

Whilst I didn’t do AQA (I did Edexcel last year and got an A*), I did use AQA past papers under timed exam conditions to revise and consistently scored well.

Attempting past papers would absolutely help. That way, you’ll become familiar with the styles of practical questions that may come up and you’ll know how best to tackle them. Another thing you can do is watch the worked solutions by Davies A level chemistry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6A50pbJGAw&list=PLTMMuJwv83FpXCBhs8mVr16Ap_XUlVuC5

I’d say the chemrevise summary of the practicals is a must-have. I have attached it here

https://chemrevise.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/practical-guide-aqa1.pdf

With regards to exam technique, I can’t stress enough how helpful it is to highlight important words and information in the questions. It’s very easy to lose track of it and end up losing marks as a result.
Reply 54
what do u guys think grade boundary for A this year will be since pre covid it was 206, 198, 204 ? Ive dropped anywhere between 30-40 marks paper 1 and 25-30 paper 2 so I need like 65+ marks here to be safe :frown: Grade boundaries are meant to be 2019 levels but do you think this years papers so far were actually harder? Cause there will always be people saying that each year
One more to go guys come on!!
Then we are free! We can enjoy our summer. I’m probably not even gonna come into the forum after the exam cause then I know I’m gonna dwell on it. But honestly it’s been a tough two years but our hard work will pay off. If we get the grades we want and get into uni/ whatever u are going on to do that’s great. If not that’s ok, it wasn’t meant to be

Either way, it’s not the be all end all

Wishing you all the best 💪
Reply 56
Any tips to rapidly Improve for paper 3?
Original post by hswjqo0q0w
Any tips to rapidly Improve for paper 3?

See my previous post
Original post by TypicalNerd
Whilst I didn’t do AQA (I did Edexcel last year and got an A*), I did use AQA past papers under timed exam conditions to revise and consistently scored well.

Attempting past papers would absolutely help. That way, you’ll become familiar with the styles of practical questions that may come up and you’ll know how best to tackle them. Another thing you can do is watch the worked solutions by Davies A level chemistry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6A50pbJGAw&list=PLTMMuJwv83FpXCBhs8mVr16Ap_XUlVuC5

I’d say the chemrevise summary of the practicals is a must-have. I have attached it here

https://chemrevise.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/practical-guide-aqa1.pdf

With regards to exam technique, I can’t stress enough how helpful it is to highlight important words and information in the questions. It’s very easy to lose track of it and end up losing marks as a result.
Reply 58
Original post by agdtdydy
How many marks is everyone aiming for

90/90
Do topics usually overlap in paper 3 or do they focus on stuff they haven’t assessed (Ik they can asses whtvr) but what’s the general rule

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending