The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Chemistry Paper 3 (7405/3) - 23rd June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
does anyone have mark scheme of 2022
just got 55/90 for the 2019 paper.. is that good or bad for an B? i made so many silly mistakes.
Original post by Se_dmrc
does anyone have mark scheme of 2022

search up access tuition :smile:
Original post by studybug531
just got 55/90 for the 2019 paper.. is that good or bad for an B? i made so many silly mistakes.

55/90 is a perfectly good mark, considering 2019 was a year with papers generally regarded to be very difficult.

A B is a B, irrespective of how far past the grade boundary the mark is.
ik they can throw anything at us but what paper do you guys think will maybe reflect this year or be similar somehow ty
Reply 65
I’d like to ask which topics apart from amino acids, dna and chromatography did not come up in paper 2?
Reply 66
in the practicals is it required to know spectrophotometry
does anyone know if we get marks for doing the correct method for a calculation but getting the final answer incorrect because we misread one of the numbers in the data given to us?
Original post by username11118453
does anyone know if we get marks for doing the correct method for a calculation but getting the final answer incorrect because we misread one of the numbers in the data given to us?

You’d definitely get marks if there is more than 2 marks available for said calculation.

You’d defo lose the last mark though.
Reply 69
What mark will be an A and an A star? Out of 300?
Reply 70
Original post by EM01234
What mark will be an A and an A star? Out of 300?

A* for 2019 was 246/300 and an A was 206/300
Reply 71
Original post by mhm.0987
A* for 2019 was 246/300 and an A was 206/300

Do you think it will be the same this year?
Reply 72
Original post by EM01234

hard to predict but maybe 10% lower? well i hope so
Reply 73
Original post by EM01234

apparently grade boundaries are going to be similar to 2019 but i feel like exams were hard so they Better lower the boundaries
Reply 74
Does anyone have any tips for the MCQ's?
Reply 75
Original post by anon25x
Does anyone have any tips for the MCQ's?

For MCQs, I feel like they like to make the answers quite similar, but there’s always one right answer so for like e.g. mechanism questions, maybe try drawing out the products that are produced and see what matches. They like asking about trends a lot like atomic radius or ionisation energy so make sure you go over that. They like to also ask calculations so make sure you’re strong on that and go over content that you just memorise e.g. metal aqua ions and they’re colours and stuff cuz like that topic hasn’t come up so it could come up as an MCQ.
Reply 76
Can someone please help me with Q 4.3
This is the answer:
Amount NaOH = (24.0 x 0.100)/1000 = 2.40 x 10–3 mol
(= amount HX)
Conc HX = 2.40 x 10–3
/0.025 = 0.0960 mol dm–3

I don't get where the 24.0 came from

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/sample-papers-and-mark-schemes/2017/june/AQA-74053-QP-JUN17.PDF
Reply 77
Original post by TypicalNerd
I wouldn’t say you are doomed yet, considering you have one last paper to go (and for all you know, it could go really well for you) and this is TSR which is disproportionately made up of nerds who know their subjects very well and so does not accurately reflect how well the entire cohort will perform.

The practicals aren’t a lot of help imo. Sure they are fun and all, but it’s rare they ask you to recite a full method and even then you can find good summary notes of why certain things are done in each practical which essentially cover every possible question they could throw at you.

See here: https://chemrevise.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/practical-guide-aqa1.pdf

Also, well done on choosing to take A level chemistry privately. As the age old saying goes, “fortune favours the brave”.

is it risky to rely on a broad list of predictions?
Original post by ifif4
Can someone please help me with Q 4.3
This is the answer:
Amount NaOH = (24.0 x 0.100)/1000 = 2.40 x 10–3 mol
(= amount HX)
Conc HX = 2.40 x 10–3
/0.025 = 0.0960 mol dm–3

I don't get where the 24.0 came from

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/sample-papers-and-mark-schemes/2017/june/AQA-74053-QP-JUN17.PDF

That’s because the vertical section occurs when 24.0 cm^3 of NaOH is added
Reply 79
Original post by TypicalNerd
That’s because the vertical section occurs when 24.0 cm^3 of NaOH is added

How would you work that out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending