The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Exodium619404
Yeh…I think I might be relaxing with the stress and my birthday is two days after results day ugh I think I’m gonna be busy flighting with clearing at that time then hhhh

I heard that this year is going to be a record breaking year for the number of students going through clearing
Reply 61
Original post by jjeeeeeea
pH curves, boltzmann distribution, fuel cells, I think probably some kind of chemical test problem as well

maybe pV=nRT, seen a couple of Kp Kc calculations from old papers, the bonding and structure 6 marker is expected, maybe couple of ligand substitution questions. For Organic part, maybe a bit more organic synthesis, chemical tests, NMR
Reply 62
Original post by vikah2o
same bio3 was so horrible i felt a piece of my soul be left behind in that exam room

I thought paper 3 was quite decent, what exam board did you have?
Original post by Happylife_78
Hey chill out, I can feel you up quite stressful but I'm in a similar scenario.
All have reason that we can't fail, no matter is the expectation from our family, financial reasons or just a year of hard work.
Me personally? If I didn't get in this year it's not only about that I spend one more year repeating this but I'll also lost a scholarship worth £52,000 in total.
I'm an international fee students. And I want to study aerospace engineering in Bristol.
As you know it's not cheap, while my family is able to support both me and my sister (who want to study veterinary ). To go to UNI and study our desired subject. My whole family especially for my me and my sister probably have to get two jobs so that we could pay our cost of living plus partially our tutor feet.
If I did not have this scholarship that would be the case.

For the past half year I've been working just as hard as everyone.
Just like you, it's not just about my grad, it's about if I don't get the grade I need it I'll be ruining not only mine but my sister's life as well, who have been working even harder than me(a huge impact on her study and academic performance if she have to get a job to pay for her cost of living while studying veterinary)

So yeah we all have pressure and reason that we cannot fail.

Everyone can walk a straight line, everyone can walk through a bridge.
It's not that hard and you already have the knowledge and skills you need it for it.
But when you look down on it, despite it's highly unlikely that you fell down you still think what if I do what if I do.
That panicking feeling would consumes you and stop you from doing something that you would have done easily in a daily basis.

I'm not telling you to ignore it, but to recognize it and then tell yourself, I just need to focus on what is in the front, the end of the bridge, I have what I need a revise a lot in the past years or so, I'm going to grab the handle I'm going to walk steady Paisley towards the end.

Remember you have everything you need for the exam already it's all there. Just walk through the bridge with a smile and confidence just like how you do papers and exercise at home.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON!

wishing you the best of luck for results day
Reply 64
Original post by Happylife_78
Hey chill out, I can feel you up quite stressful but I'm in a similar scenario.
All have reason that we can't fail, no matter is the expectation from our family, financial reasons or just a year of hard work.
Me personally? If I didn't get in this year it's not only about that I spend one more year repeating this but I'll also lost a scholarship worth £52,000 in total.
I'm an international fee students. And I want to study aerospace engineering in Bristol.
As you know it's not cheap, while my family is able to support both me and my sister (who want to study veterinary ). To go to UNI and study our desired subject. My whole family especially for my me and my sister probably have to get two jobs so that we could pay our cost of living plus partially our tutor feet.
If I did not have this scholarship that would be the case.

For the past half year I've been working just as hard as everyone.
Just like you, it's not just about my grad, it's about if I don't get the grade I need it I'll be ruining not only mine but my sister's life as well, who have been working even harder than me(a huge impact on her study and academic performance if she have to get a job to pay for her cost of living while studying veterinary)

So yeah we all have pressure and reason that we cannot fail.

Everyone can walk a straight line, everyone can walk through a bridge.
It's not that hard and you already have the knowledge and skills you need it for it.
But when you look down on it, despite it's highly unlikely that you fell down you still think what if I do what if I do.
That panicking feeling would consumes you and stop you from doing something that you would have done easily in a daily basis.

I'm not telling you to ignore it, but to recognize it and then tell yourself, I just need to focus on what is in the front, the end of the bridge, I have what I need a revise a lot in the past years or so, I'm going to grab the handle I'm going to walk steady Paisley towards the end.

Remember you have everything you need for the exam already it's all there. Just walk through the bridge with a smile and confidence just like how you do papers and exercise at home.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON!

got me confident again! tysm!
well-said!
KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON!
Reply 65
Original post by DS13990609
maybe pV=nRT, seen a couple of Kp Kc calculations from old papers, the bonding and structure 6 marker is expected, maybe couple of ligand substitution questions. For Organic part, maybe a bit more organic synthesis, chemical tests, NMR

thanks 🙏

Didnt ideal gas, Kp and ligand substitution come up in paper 1 though
Reply 67
Did anyone do the paper 3 2022 and find it super hard ? Cos I just did it and. :frown:
Original post by maple26
Did anyone do the paper 3 2022 and find it super hard ? Cos I just did it and. :frown:

no trust me we did it as a mock and everyone got terrible such weird questions in the paper
Original post by pigeonwarrior
The literal paper is nonsense I tell you and I've always loved chem, even applied for it to uni BUT WHEN I SAW PAPER 3 I CRIED :frown:
Apparently though, OCR A gave the physics people a dead easy paper 3 so they might be lenient towards us too:colone:

OCR biology paper 3 was ****, hoping chemistry is miles better
Reply 70
Anyone have predicted paper for paper 3 chemistry?
Reply 71
guys i still cant get over how badly i did in paper 3 bio .idk what to do now. I need an A for dent
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 72
Original post by vesq
guys i still cant get over how badly i did in paper 3 bio .idk what to do now. I need an A for dent

If you did badly on that paper, you've still got time to turn it around. Look at the questions you've gotten wrong and focus on them, relearn topics, redo questions etc. Then just continue revising as you can and normally would!
Reply 73
Original post by dadadeedadada
no trust me we did it as a mock and everyone got terrible such weird questions in the paper

Ohh Okk thats reassuring 😭😭
Reply 74
Original post by DoomSain
If you did badly on that paper, you've still got time to turn it around. Look at the questions you've gotten wrong and focus on them, relearn topics, redo
questions etc. Then just continue revising as you can and normally would!

wdym he’s done paper 3 how is he gonna turn it around?
Reply 75
Original post by vesq

Which exam board and how was paper 1 and 2?
Reply 76
Original post by dentrr
wdym he’s done paper 3 how is he gonna turn it around?

I-

I thought they were talking about this paper 3, not for biology lmao... yeah well... rip
Reply 77
does anyone have a topic list of what came up in the past two papers and predictions for this paper
Reply 78

I doubt Pv=nRT comes up as it came up in paper 1
Reply 79
any prediciton?

Latest

Trending

Trending