The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by vesq
guys i still cant get over how badly i did in paper 3 bio .idk what to do now. I need an A for dent

i feel you im in the same position for my med offer you just have to move on dont let it affect this chem paper, worst case scenario if you do get AAB you could still call the uni and ask if they would accept you
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 81
Original post by itsMako
any prediciton?

literally anything can come up for this paper, they can repeat questions i’m pretty sure
Reply 82
Original post by r51213
I heard that this year is going to be a record breaking year for the number of students going through clearing

Are you kidding ? Why randomly this year
Original post by maple26
Are you kidding ? Why randomly this year

Because of grade inflation over the last 3 years so they’re trying to make it go back to pre pandemic levels asap. I hope they phase it our though because it’s unfair to our cohort who haven’t sat proper exams since year 6
Reply 84
Original post by Neymarswho1730
Because of grade inflation over the last 3 years so they’re trying to make it go back to pre pandemic levels asap. I hope they phase it our though because it’s unfair to our cohort who haven’t sat proper exams since year 6

Supposedly examiners will be "slightly lenient" when setting grade boundaries as I've read on ofqual student guide 2023. it better not be too bad because in year 6 I literally had 0 care in the world, barely even count as exams
Reply 85
i’m surprised this chat is so quiet, chemistry chats are usually always active
Reply 86
Original post by dayn
i’m surprised this chat is so quiet, chemistry chats are usually always active

think majority of us are just burnt out at this point 💀
Reply 87
Literally have no idea what to revise tomorrow. I’ve been revising for months so just burnt out and over it 😭
Reply 88
Original post by pa01111
Literally have no idea what to revise tomorrow. I’ve been revising for months so just burnt out and over it 😭

Me too, also just don't even want to start looking at stuff in case it makes me realise stuff I messed up in the other papers and then I'll feel like **** lmao
Original post by jjeeeeeea
Supposedly examiners will be "slightly lenient" when setting grade boundaries as I've read on ofqual student guide 2023. it better not be too bad because in year 6 I literally had 0 care in the world, barely even count as exams

Hopefully this is the case, gosh year 6 seems like a lifetime ago😂
Reply 90
not reaching 500 posts today?
Reply 91
how is everyone's biology exam?
Reply 92
Original post by Z_GAMER
how is everyone's biology exam?

good !!
Reply 93
HELP - pls can someone explain this question to me ? I know that ultimately in multi-step reactions catalysts are regenerated but I don't know how to explain it here or even write out the right equation on the markscheme ??
Reply 94
Original post by Tutolowo
HELP - pls can someone explain this question to me ? I know that ultimately in multi-step reactions catalysts are regenerated but I don't know how to explain it here or even write out the right equation on the markscheme ??

you need to use the top two equations and flip the one with the most negative e cell and you should get an equation of hydrogen peroxide and MnO2 reacting
Reply 95
Original post by mnmss
good !!

what exam board is it?
Reply 96
Original post by Neymarswho1730
Hopefully this is the case, gosh year 6 seems like a lifetime ago😂

100% agree!
I always forgot about the past as I enjoy the present more.
And I always remember the past when I got reminded just like how you did.
and when I remember the past, I always think 'that's my life before???', coz it's always very different to the present.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 97
for arrehnius wdum if the x axis is not zero, you don't do e y-intercept
Reply 98
Original post by ak.xo
for arrehnius wdum if the x axis is not zero, you don't do e y-intercept

I think it must mean like if you imagine the x axis started at say 10 instead of 0, then lnA won't be at the point where the x axis starts any more you'd have to go 10 back
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 99
Original post by jjeeeeeea
you need to use the top two equations and flip the one with the most negative e cell and you should get an equation of hydrogen peroxide and MnO2 reacting

hi thanks for the quick reply - the equation i got was: MnO2 + 4H+ + H2O2 --> Mn2+ + 2H2O + O2 + 2H+
ok, there's a Mn2+ ion produced, but it's obviously a bit different to MnO2 - how can i explain that it's a catalyst ?

Latest

Trending

Trending