The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level Chemistry B Paper 1 (H433/01) - 12th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by laflamedagoat
i got 17.9

i got 7.13...
Reply 21
what did u guys get for the bond enthalpy c-h?
Reply 22
Original post by hello83
does anyone have ant predicted questions for the paper 2 article?

yeah
Original post by AA55
yeah

Can you post it on here
Reply 24
What'd people get for the pH buffer ratio question (I got 36/5 I've got no idea)
And what'd people get for the % iron in the alloy (I think mine was between 17 and 20)
Reply 25
Original post by LOu0reo
What'd people get for the pH buffer ratio question (I got 36/5 I've got no idea)
And what'd people get for the % iron in the alloy (I think mine was between 17 and 20)

i think i got around 18 but wht did u get for enthalpy of c-h bond
Reply 26
Original post by LOu0reo

i got 8% for the iron :/ how did u do it?
Reply 27
Original post by AA55
i think i got around 18 but wht did u get for enthalpy of c-h bond

i got like +341 i think
Reply 28
What topics were the longer questions on?
Any predictions for what will come up next?
Reply 29
Same

Original post by choco1234
i got 7.13...
Reply 30
did people say that the titre increases when using hcl instead of sulfuric acid?
Reply 31
did people say that the titre increases when using hcl instead of sulfuric acid?

yes thats what i wrote but i was unsure what ecell value to use chlorine or H+
Reply 32
Original post by AA55
yes thats what i wrote but i was unsure what ecell value to use chlorine or H+

me too - i used the cl but not sure if its right
Reply 33
Original post by bw8376
What topics were the longer questions on?
Any predictions for what will come up next?

what came up:
electrochemical cells
enzymes
buffers, pH
group 2
titrations
amino acids
Reply 34
me too - i used the cl but not sure if its right

i forgot which one i chose but that whole question i hated i hate electro chemical cells sm
Reply 35
what values did everyone get/what did everyone do for the yield and conc of naoh question?
Reply 36
what values did everyone get/what did everyone do for the yield and conc of naoh question?

for yield i think i got 80% i did moles of the product whatever it was over moles of the reactant
for the naoh one i cant remember but something like 0.02? u had to use kw = conc h+ x conc oh-
Reply 37
do you guys think grade boundaries will be lower considering paper was defo harder than past papers? like 75 for A* instead of like 85 or something?
Reply 38
Original post by amythestx
for yield i think i got 80% i did moles of the product whatever it was over moles of the reactant
for the naoh one i cant remember but something like 0.02? u had to use kw = conc h+ x conc oh-

did same thing! i got 80% and 0.288 for conc cos you use the ph to work out h+ conc and then do 10^-14 divided by h+ conc i think!
Original post by Awesomehole3333
Not bad test. Struggled with pH ratio question though

I think it was using the healthy blood pH and the salt:acid ratio to calculate the Ka of the acid.
Then use this Ka in a separate equation for the acidosis blood and that pH to calculate the salt:acid ratio :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending