The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level Chemistry B Paper 1 (H433/01) - 12th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amythestx
for yield i think i got 80% i did moles of the product whatever it was over moles of the reactant
for the naoh one i cant remember but something like 0.02? u had to use kw = conc h+ x conc oh-

I agree with both numbers but for yield it’s (experimental yield (given in Q) / theoretical yield (calculated from the calculated mol of reactant)) * 100. It gave around 79% I think.
Original post by gwall3r2005
I think it was using the healthy blood pH and the salt:acid ratio to calculate the Ka of the acid.
Then use this Ka in a separate equation for the acidosis blood and that pHto calculate the salt:acid ratio :smile:

Yes that's what I did too, I got a value of 7.13 couple of my friends did too
Reply 42
Original post by gwall3r2005
I think it was using the healthy blood pH and the salt:acid ratio to calculate the Ka of the acid.
Then use this Ka in a separate equation for the acidosis blood and that pH to calculate the salt:acid ratio :smile:

ahh thats so smart
Reply 43
Original post by Sophiew004
Did anyone else find the multiple choice really hard

Yes it was so hard
Original post by choco1234
i got 8% for the iron :/ how did u do it?

u had to find the moles of mn04 by doing n = c x v / 1000

then multiplying by 5 as mn04 to fe2+ was a 1:5 ratio

then doing mass = moles x mr to get the mass of iron in the alloy

mass of iron / mass of alloy x 100 to get the %

for the mass of iron i got 1.16g to give around 17 %
Hello everyone,

Well done on finishing your first A-Level Chemistry paper.

After briefly scanning through the posts, it appears that the exam did not yield the desired outcomes for some individuals. It is understandable that your immediate response might be to feel overwhelmed and contemplate giving up. However, I urge you not to do this. Remember, you have only completed one paper, and you still have two more opportunities to improve your score. The grade thresholds will be adjusted to account for the paper's difficulty, and it is possible that your performance surpassed your expectations.

Now, try to stop thinking about the paper. If you’ve been revising for your other examinations, take a two hour break. Do something relaxing. If you’ve been procrastinating your other examinations, do an hour or two of work. If you haven’t been eating properly, make yourself a meal. If you haven’t been sleeping properly, have an early night.

Posting has been a bit slow for me over the last two months, but I should be back on the weekend. If you are still feeling overwhelmed or need some advice, drop me a message and I’ll try my best to assist you.

Regardless of the outcome of this paper, you should take pride in your accomplishments. Your educational journey has faced numerous disruptions due to the impact of Covid, making it brilliant that you have persevered despite the challenging circumstances.

Shyleen
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 46
Original post by hello83
does anyone have ant predicted questions for the paper 2 article?

Where can I find the article I can’t find it anywhere 😭
Original post by Amethystic
Where can I find the article I can’t find it anywhere 😭

https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/676505-scientific-literacy-in-chemistry-advanced-notice-june-2023.pdf

It can be found on the OCR website by finding chemistry B, the assessment resources and looking at the pre-release materials
Original post by choco1234
i got 7.13...

omg i got that as well
Reply 49
Original post by TypicalNerd
https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/676505-scientific-literacy-in-chemistry-advanced-notice-june-2023.pdf

It can be found on the OCR website by finding chemistry B, the assessment resources and looking at the pre-release materials

Thank you!!
Reply 50
What did people get on the titration question, I got 19.7% but I have no clue honestly
Reply 51
Original post by smiggs
That question on emission spectra was really weird.

yeahhh i wasn't a fan i left that one and the ph ratio blank haha. i struggled with timing when usually i am fine with it...
Reply 52
Original post by Jamie.bai
What did people get on the titration question, I got 19.7% but I have no clue honestly

i got 19.7 aswell - i forgot everything about the practical though
Reply 53
Original post by handbr29
i got 19.7 aswell - i forgot everything about the practical though

Let's gooo, tbh we did so many titration practicals it's like difficult to forget for me lmao
Original post by Amethystic
Yh OCR B is long bc of the article as well :s-smilie: Where can you even find the article online?

ocr website im pretty sure
Reply 55
does anyone have predictions for paper 2 and 3
Original post by xxahxx

yeah i heard that there was gonna be a 6 marker on deducing a molecule based on IR and HNMR, those questions. not sure though
Reply 57
Original post by xxahxx

likely to have a mechanism on there, hess cycle, something on equilibrium and halogens since those didnt come up in p1 and they comme up regularly
Reply 58
Original post by xxahxx

I'd guess Arrhenius as well and a lot of organic chem, since there was literally nothing on benzene except in multiple choice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending