The Student Room Group

GCSEs struggling mental health

Hi im year 11 and im really stressed about gcses. I have undiagnosed anxiety and have a small hall for mocks and will do in the real exams, in lessons I also have a timeout card so if im overwhelmed or anxious I can have a 10 minute break. Is there anything similar I could have in exams without a diagnoses? Ive probably left it too late haven't I :frown: any advice would be appreciated I can feel my mental health suffering
Original post by hellloooj
Hi im year 11 and im really stressed about gcses. I have undiagnosed anxiety and have a small hall for mocks and will do in the real exams, in lessons I also have a timeout card so if im overwhelmed or anxious I can have a 10 minute break. Is there anything similar I could have in exams without a diagnoses? Ive probably left it too late haven't I :frown: any advice would be appreciated I can feel my mental health suffering

I would imagine it is too late now, but you could get rest breaks in the exams which means you hand the paper in for a short amount of time and do whatever you need to do, then you will be given your paper back and have the time you missed during your rest break added to the end of the exam
Reply 2
is it too late?? :frown:
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I would imagine it is too late now, but you could get rest breaks in the exams which means you hand the paper in for a short amount of time and do whatever you need to do, then you will be given your paper back and have the time you missed during your rest break added to the end of the exam
Reply 3
Original post by hellloooj
is it too late?? :frown:

i know this post is a couple weeks old but if you haven't done anything about it yet i definitely recommend doing it now before it it actually is too late !! im in year 11 too and literally only just yesterday was when my exam arrangements were fully sorted out.

i have a timeout card for my lessons aswell, and a few months ago it had been arranged that i would do my GCSEs in a separate, smaller room with my seat at the very, very back. 2 days ago my mum emailed the SENCO at my school to ask if i would be able to have rest breaks aswell. the SENCO then spoke to the exam board and they said that all she (the SENCO) had to do was send them a paragraph on why i need them, and that she would also have to let the invigilators and the exam coordinator at my school know.

i'd rlly recommend speaking to your mum/dad/whoever about it and seeing if they can email your school or something. i was worried it would be too late for me but it wasn't !! i have diagnosed autism, social anxiety, and panic disorder, meaning that im very familiar with the SENCO and she knows quite a lot about me and the way that i am, so thats the reason why i was just immediately given them when my mum asked. it may be a little different for you because you're undiagnosed and if your SENCO doesn't really know you that well, etc but i hope that you can figure or sort something out <3

Quick Reply

Latest