The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-Level Chem Paper 1 Advanced Inorganic and Physical Chemistry [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by hello23456
transition metals are such a bore it acc makes me fall asleep but watch them fill up 3 pages with it

Right? I hate them so much. I am really struggling to remember all of the reactions and colours :confused: and panicking because of it now!
Hello,
I've been practicing born Haber cycle questions. I've noticed that some questions put the enthalpy of atomisation of the negative ion before the ionisation energy but some put it after. I was wondering does it matter in which order you put it and does Edexcel prefer it a certain way?
Reply 62
it doesnt really matter as long as the equations are correct. on the edexcel mark schemes it does say 'allow in either order'
Original post by medic talks
Hello,
I've been practicing born Haber cycle questions. I've noticed that some questions put the enthalpy of atomisation of the negative ion before the ionisation energy but some put it after. I was wondering does it matter in which order you put it and does Edexcel prefer it a certain way?
Reply 63
which topics should i defo go over today? that are like 99% certain they’re gna come up
Reply 64
I'm terrified we'll see how tomorrow goes!
Reply 65
Original post by user927401
which topics should i defo go over today? that are like 99% certain they’re gna come up

transition metals seems to always come up so go over that and just try and memorise all the tests as they’re hard to work out in the test
Reply 66
the way ive accidentally given myself a day to learn all the transition metal ligand sub reactions.. 😭 why so many colours involved and what does amphoteric mean in terms of cobalt like actually does anyone know?
Original post by zws
it doesnt really matter as long as the equations are correct. on the edexcel mark schemes it does say 'allow in either order'

Thank you !!
Original post by moonbeige
the way ive accidentally given myself a day to learn all the transition metal ligand sub reactions.. 😭 why so many colours involved and what does amphoteric mean in terms of cobalt like actually does anyone know?

Amphoteric means it can act as both an acid and a base. Cobalt compounds aren’t terribly amphoteric, but chromium(III) hydroxide definitely is.
Reply 69
for p1 do we have to know the practicals in detail
Reply 70
no practicals is paper 3 no?
Original post by hello23456
for p1 do we have to know the practicals in detail
Reply 71
okay phew yeahh thats what i thought but just in case had to ask
Reply 72
Yeah practicals is paper 3 but you should know the basic practical stuff as I have seen some 1 or 2 mark questions come up in paper 1's (e.g. why does the student do step x)

I'm panicking rn about this how about yall
Reply 73
I just want it to be over at this point ahhhh
Reply 74
mood i know lit nothing
Original post by rosie468
I just want it to be over at this point ahhhh
Reply 75
Why did i choose chemistry why did i choose chemistry why did i choose chemistry why did i choose chemistry
Reply 76
ik this is simple but can someone explain how we know when eqn shifts left or right like i always guess lol
Reply 77
Original post by user927401
ik this is simple but can someone explain how we know when eqn shifts left or right like i always guess lol

If the temperature increases, it shifts in the endothermic direction.
If the pressure increases, it shifts towards the side which has fewer gas molecules.
If the concentration of a reactant increases, it shifts towards the right/If conc of a product increases, it shifts left.
Basically, think about how the system can counteract the change to restore the equilibrium.
Does edexcel have the least people taking this spec all the other chats are flooded ?
Reply 79
Original post by 3ASTARSINSHALLAH
Does edexcel have the least people taking this spec all the other chats are flooded ?

probably icl edexcel for chem is a rare choice, most people do aqa and ocr

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending