The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-Level Chem Paper 1 Advanced Inorganic and Physical Chemistry [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I wish I did ocr the exam structure looks sm better
Reply 81
do they tend to repeat topics the year after?
Reply 82
kinetics isn’t on this paper right? (like RDS and orders of reaction)
Original post by kettle02

No it's not
Original post by kettle02

No. That’s papers 2 and 3
Reply 85
Original post by user927401
do they tend to repeat topics the year after?

same topics come up every year, but they vary the sections they ask about, maybe check the spec to make sure youve covered all areas!
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Chemistry/2015/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/a-level-chemistry-2015-specification.pdf
Reply 86
okay cool - which topics should i defo go over now
Original post by moonbeige
same topics come up every year, but they vary the sections they ask about, maybe check the spec to make sure youve covered all areas!
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Chemistry/2015/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/a-level-chemistry-2015-specification.pdf
does anyone know if we have to know why these link😟
4D1691D3-5E55-48E2-8381-FC64516DE448.jpg.jpeg
Reply 88
Original post by hhhhheeeee

I bloody hope not

Although if you go here I'm pretty sure it mentions that halfway through the document
https://chemrevise.files.wordpress.com/2022/01/14.-redox-edexcel.pdf
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Pxnyl_
I bloody hope not

Although if you go here I'm pretty sure it mentions that halfway through the document
https://chemrevise.files.wordpress.com/2022/01/14.-redox-edexcel.pdf

ahh thank you sm🤞
Reply 90
Original post by hhhhheeeee

Yes but not like this.
You ovi need to know about E Cell values
You need to know S tot = S system + S surroundings
Need to know Delta G = Enthalpy Change - S system x Temperature(in Kelvin)
Need to know Delta G = -RTln(K)
Reply 91
how is everyone feeling
im terrified
Reply 92
Original post by TypicalNerd
Because I'm in a generous mood, I have made some practice papers for you lot to use in your revision (note that I will NOT be making any more of these, because of how time consuming it is to do so - if you want more practice papers, you may have to make your own and I'd recommend using google docs if that is ever the plan).

Pages 1 - 24 on papers 1 and 2 are the question papers. Anything beyond that is the MS.
Pages 1 - 32 on paper 3 are the question paper and anything beyond that is the MS.

Disclaimer: these are NOT predicted papers or even remote attempts to guess what will actually come up. Anything that is not assessed on these practice papers could come up, so do not make these the entirety of your revision.

Erratum notice for MS on Q4(c)(ii) paper 3:

Spoiler

Thanks. Do you mind explaining why the concentration of chromium sulfate is not equal to the concentration of the acid? Don’t think I’ve ever seen a weak acid calc like this
Original post by Abc12371
Thanks. Do you mind explaining why the concentration of chromium sulfate is not equal to the concentration of the acid? Don’t think I’ve ever seen a weak acid calc like this

Chromium(III) sulphate is Cr2(SO4)3 - that means per mole of it dissolved, there are two [Cr(H2O)6]^3+ ions that form in solution.

So [hexaaquachromium(III)] = 2 x [Cr2(SO4)3]
Reply 94
Chromium(III) sulphate is Cr2(SO4)3 - that means per mole of it dissolved, there are two [Cr(H2O)6]^3+ ions that form in solution.

So [hexaaquachromium(III)] = 2 x [Cr2(SO4)3]

So 1 Cr3+ ion in Cr2(SO4)3 = 1 [Cr(H2O)6]^3+? And 1 Cr(H2O)6 complex ion produces 1 H+ ion shown by the equation?
Reply 95
i am so scared
Original post by diiana123
how is everyone feeling
im terrified
So 1 Cr3+ ion in Cr2(SO4)3 = 1 [Cr(H2O)6]^3+? And 1 Cr(H2O)6 complex ion produces 1 H+ ion shown by the equation?

2 Cr^3+ ions are present in 1 Cr2(SO4)3. Both of these chromium ions pick up water ligands upon dissolution.

Therefore each Cr2(SO4)3 makes two [Cr(H2O)6]^3+ complexes, which each act as monoprotic acids.
Reply 97
why's it not MgBr2? (it's MgCl2)
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 98
Thanks, did you make these questions yourself or are they from old spec papers?

2 Cr^3+ ions are present in 1 Cr2(SO4)3. Both of these chromium ions pick up water ligands upon dissolution.

Therefore each Cr2(SO4)3 makes two [Cr(H2O)6]^3+ complexes, which each act as monoprotic acids.
Thanks, did you make these questions yourself or are they from old spec papers?

I wrote them myself. It is just so I had more control over what I put in the papers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending