The Student Room Group

Very Low Student Maintenance Fund

Hello,

I start Uni next month why I have I been awarded such a low amount of £6,308.00?
when not being at home starts from £9k
and living in the same town (london) and not being at home starts from £12k? I'm trying to call SFE and i've been in a que all day!

There are some stuff on this but each individual is different.
My application has got approved after sending off my mother's income/tax/housing benefit quite quickly.
To make it simple, Mother is a pensioner, dad is in another country he's not here anymore and he is not rich either I also don't have access to him like that just my mother.
She has not worked for over 5 years there is no savings etc.

I also have not worked for the past 6 months, no savings and was earning around £600 a month also currently on UC.

I decided to upload my HMRC/NI tax information/work history and pay.
and my UC letter declaring benefits.

I do not live with my mother and I live in Birmingham (supported accommodation which i have also uploaded without being asked just in case as can't live with mum)
my classes will be in London, I don't realistically see myself travelling to class twice per week then going back to birmingham.

I will need to live in London but will not be at my mother's address (will need to find accom)

How can I rectify this? as this is definitely not right.

Thanks
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by sabbysadr
Hello,

I start Uni next month why I have I been awarded such a low amount of £6,308.00?
when not being at home starts from £9k
and living in the same town (london) and not being at home starts from £12k? I'm trying to call SFE and i've been in a que all day!

There are some stuff on this but each individual is different.
My application has got approved after sending off my mother's income/tax/housing benefit quite quickly.
To make it simple, Mother is a pensioner, dad is in another country he's not here anymore and he is not rich either I also don't have access to him like that just my mother.
She has not worked for over 5 years there is no savings etc.

I also have not worked for the past 6 months, no savings and was earning around £600 a month also currently on UC.

I decided to upload my HMRC/NI tax information/work history and pay.
and my UC letter declaring benefits.

I do not live with my mother and I live in Birmingham (supported accommodation which i have also uploaded without being asked just in case as can't live with mum)
my classes will be in London, I don't realistically see myself travelling to class twice per week then going back to birmingham.

I will need to live in London but will not be at my mother's address (will need to find accom)

How can I rectify this? as this is definitely not right.

Thanks

Hi there,

You would need to start a live chat on your account or call us so that an adviser can look into that for you.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

0300 100 0607

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
There is no live chat option!

Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

You would need to start a live chat on your account or call us so that an adviser can look into that for you.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

0300 100 0607

Thanks, Clare
Original post by sabbysadr
There is no live chat option!

Hi there, To access our live chat select undergraduate and then contact us. From here you will be able to use our live chat service when it is available. 👉 Sign in: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login You can also access live chat via the inbox on your online account.

The live chat function will be available Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:30 this pops up when logged onto your account

If you are unable to locate or access the Live Chat function you would need to contact our helpline on 0300 100 0607 and an adviser can assist you further.
Our helpline is open 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday and 9.00am to 4.00pm on Saturday 9:00am to 4.00pm.

Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending