The Student Room Group

University entry requirements

I've been offered a place at Aston University for optometry and I need grades A, A, B for it. Is it possible for me to still get accepted onto the course even if I don't get the grades.
You would usually be automatically rejected however for a lot of unis if you call up will let you in if they still have room and you didn’t miss it by much. However optometry seems competitive to me so doubt that they would. Either way best to just have an insurance place you’re also happy going to and just revise the best you can. No point overthinking it, if your predicted grades are that or above your teachers clearly think you have potential.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by H_789
I've been offered a place at Aston University for optometry and I need grades A, A, B for it. Is it possible for me to still get accepted onto the course even if I don't get the grades.

The above is incorrect in a couple of ways. Unis admit literally thousands of applicants every year who don't meet their offers. Whether Aston will for your course, this year, is unknown.

Unis get your results nearly a week before you do. They will admit all those who met their offers, then look at the near misses to see who they will take even if they are a grade or two below. There's no point in ringing up on results day because the decision has already been made.
Original post by H_789

Yes, it's possible, but dependant on places.

Original post by sunmi66
You would be automatically rejected on results day however a lot of unis if you call up will let you in if they still have room and you didn’t miss it by much. However optometry seems competitive to me so doubt that they would. Either way best to just have an insurance place you’re also happy going to and just revise the best you can. No point overthinking it, if your predicted grades are that or above your teachers clearly think you have potential.

It's rarely, if ever, an automatic rejection. It takes a week or more to process the results because it's mostly manual.
Original post by H_789

hey! i got into optom at aston with all B's. So i was accepted into the course with two grades lower. i think this was mainly due to the fact that i did really well in the interview and had a good personal statement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending