The Student Room Group

Placement year

Hello, just wondering if at the university of York you have to be studying a specific course in order to be eligible for taking a placement year of if you can have one whilst doing any degree- I am specifically interesting in studying social and public policy. thank you
Original post by sadie8899
Hello, just wondering if at the university of York you have to be studying a specific course in order to be eligible for taking a placement year of if you can have one whilst doing any degree- I am specifically interesting in studying social and public policy. thank you

I should think you do need to be on a course that has one as a possible option - for example I know the chemistry department at York have a year in industry placement available, and if I recall you could opt into that after the course had started. I would say though that from their website it doesn't look like they specifically offer a year's placement for the social and public policy course, though there's an 80 hour one available in the last year - I would probably recommend getting in touch with their admissions team ([email protected]) who are usually pretty helpful for this sort of thing.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending