The Student Room Group

Depressed at moving out of student hall soon

I am a postgrad who would graduate in September. My hall contract lasts until late August and there are merely 4 months left.

I have lived in my current student hall since autumn 2021, met lots of friends and had plenty of unforgettable experiences.

I am getting more and more depressed since I have to face my imminent moving out while desperately looking for private houses in the midst of the housing crisis. I don't want to leave. I don't want to lose the chance to live with everything familiar...My academics don't fare well either. I am in great fear of not being able to write a decent thesis to be accepted for graduation. Together with personal problems surrounding a crush on a girl who dislikes me, it simply makes matters worse. Everything seems to be spiralling downwards into an abyss.

However, not even school counsellors can help me and even if I sign up for NHS mental health services now, I am going to have to wait for one year or longer, there seems to be nothing that can help...
That's the problem in life. Sometimes you need to make sacrifices to get anywhere in life.
Original post by Other_Owl
That's the problem in life. Sometimes you need to make sacrifices to get anywhere in life.

What if I have sacrificed too much for nothing

Quick Reply

Latest