The Student Room Group

What are some stereotypes that get made about your people?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Crazed cat lady
We wear very little on nights out when it is cold.

I proudly subscribe to this stereotype.

Is it true too that Norwegians take a swim in cold water in winter time or is it just a rumour?
Original post by Kallisto
Is it true too that Norwegians take a swim in cold water in winter time or is it just a rumour?

Have no idea but here we're just stating stereotypes that get made about our groups (without stating the group) and stating whether we (people who listed the stereotype on their group) personally believe it's true or not. We not trying to list or debate stereotypes about groups that we're not personally from or see whether made on other groups that we're not from are true or not.
Not sure if I can consider myself from this group or not but: we drink a lot of tea. I personally don't drink tea but this one is probably true 😂.

Need to have that Electric Kettle, Milk, Sugar and Teabags in the house.
Original post by Talkative Toad
Have no idea but here we're just stating stereotypes that get made about our groups (without stating the group) and stating whether we (people who listed the stereotype on their group) personally believe it's true or not. We not trying to list or debate stereotypes about groups that we're not personally from or see whether made on other groups that we're not from are true or not.

Okay, I got it. No debate, just telling about steteotypes. If I can think of another ones, I give a new statement here.
Okay, I got it. No debate, just telling about steteotypes. If I can think of another ones, I give a new statement here.

Nah you can debate if you want (I'm only saying/said that in order to avoid people making (negative) stereotypes about groups their are not from and for people to share stereotypes that have personally been made about their groups).

Who's knows though, the Norwegian stereotype could be true.
Apologise profusely, consume plenty of booze, enjoy regularly going to the pub, like eating scones & drinking tea, have charming accents like the tv show (usually downton abbey, blackadder, peppa pig or poldark), monolingual, never dress for the cold weather, ugly teeth/visually unattractive dental work, very reserved and will do almost anything to confrontation.
Original post by londonmyst
Apologise profusely, consume plenty of booze, enjoy regularly going to the pub, like eating scones & drinking tea, have charming accents like the tv show (usually downton abbey, blackadder, peppa pig or poldark), monolingual, never dress for the cold weather, ugly teeth/visually unattractive dental work, very reserved and will do almost anything to confrontation.

I probably should have listed these ones as well
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 27
We are watered down.
Original post by xox416
We are watered down.

What does this mean exactly and what is watered down by the people ypu are taöking to? I am puzzled.
Reply 29
What does this mean exactly and what is watered down by the people ypu are taöking to? I am puzzled.

🤣 🤣 🤣
That we are all Jamaican/"Are you from Jamaica?"

Like no bro we are not all Jamaican, log on to Google Maps.

This is probably more an assumption as opposed to a stereotype though.
Reply 31
That we are scammers
Original post by a.planet
That we are scammers

Do you think that's true?

I think I know what 2 countries this could be refering to.
We like watermelon.

I mean I can't really say no to that one, can I? 😅😂.

I love Watermelon, Melon, Bell peppers, cucumber, Sweetcorn, Pineapple etc good fruits.
Reply 34
Its not true for most people obviously. But there are some Nigerians that have become popular off of it (e.g. Hushpuppi). It just paints Nigerians in a bad light (as untrustworthy more than anything).
Original post by Talkative Toad
Do you think that's true?

I think I know what 2 countries this could be refering to.
Original post by a.planet
Its not true for most people obviously. But there are some Nigerians that have become popular off of it (e.g. Hushpuppi). It just paints Nigerians in a bad light (as untrustworthy more than anything).

Oh not the the country I was thinking of then, yeaj I've never been to Nigeria or been scammed by someone from the country so I've never heard of this stereotype before.
We love bread.

Yes, yes we do.
Our food is bland and has no spices.

This one is facts in my opinion but I don't really care, I'll still eat it.
That we can't swim is another one apparently.

I can't confirm nor deny this one
If we are all freeloaders who had lives like a UNICEF advert before we emigrated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending