The Student Room Group

What are some stereotypes that get made about your people?

Scroll to see replies

British food?
That we are snowflakes.

I think that this one has some truth to it but it depends
Original post by Talkative Toad
That we are snowflakes.

I think that this one has some truth to it but it depends

In what a country or a region you are living to be called "snowflakes"? must be a place that is associated with coldness.
Original post by Kallisto

In what a country or a region you are living to be called "snowflakes"? must be a place that is associated with coldness.

I’m not talking about a country in this context.
I’m not talking about a country in this context.

If so, I bet on a Scandinavian country. Am I right with my guess? :holmes:
Original post by Kallisto
If so, I bet on a Scandinavian country. Am I right with my guess? :holmes:

I’m not talking about a country.
I’m not talking about a country.

Oops, I didn't see the negation. I have no plans then. That can be everyhere.
Reply 47
Engaging in carnal relations with sheep and being more respectable versions of Aussies - aside from not being quite so intimate with our sheepy neighbours i see nothing i disagree with
Original post by Napp
Engaging in carnal relations with sheep and being more respectable versions of Aussies - aside from not being quite so intimate with our sheepy neighbours i see nothing i disagree with

Fair
We like red wine

I don’t drink but yeah probably.
Original post by Napp

The Welsh could probably relate to the sheep bit (I’ve seen people say that Welsh people love sheep) but maybe I’m wrong.
Considered "misogynistic" because we have many different standards for men and women, especially in terms of how to conduct yourself in a relationship.

(Although in the last decade or two I've seen more and more women subscribing to those same standards, rejecting the concept of "50:50", wanting men who are in their "masculine energy" so that they can be in their "feminine energy", referring to themselves as "passenger princesses", expecting men to have "provider mindsets" and so on...)
Reply 52
Big drinkers, thick, gift of gab, fighters, anti-English
We are loud

Yeah, too loud.
We engage in identity politics.

Nah mate it’s the other way around/both of us do it.
We don’t want to work.

Some truth to this one maybe but I want to lean more towards no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending