The Student Room Group

dentistry application

I’m doing an EPQ and it’s getting really stressful. Is it beneficial for dentistry application or should I drop it to focus on my subjects?
Hi! @yjy.chi,
EPQs are great, however, they are not entirely necessary, for it to be beneficiary for your applications it depends on the university and whether they consider an EPQ when looking at an application. EPQs give you Ucas points which is a great way to increase your Ucas points, however, focusing on your subjects and getting the grades will still make the Ucas points you need to get into dentistry without an EPQ. if it's stressing you out I urge you to think about this and know what is suitable for you and your mental health as the A-level exam period is one of the most stressful times. I did an EPQ and I can say that the experience was great, however, I didn't need it to get into the course I wanted to do I just did it for the experience and it was fun , so if it's not an enjoyable process for you then maybe consider dropping it.

Hope this helps!
Hessy.

Original post by yjy.chi
I’m doing an EPQ and it’s getting really stressful. Is it beneficial for dentistry application or should I drop it to focus on my subjects?

Quick Reply

Latest