The Student Room Group

GCSE Hodder Education Textbook for AQA is it still good to use?

Hi,

I did my GCSEs in 2019 and used the Hodder Education textbooks for all 3 sciences. I found the textbooks to be comprehensive and I did not require any other resources to do well.

I wanted to know if this is still the case or have there been any changes to the specification in terms of content for physics but also for the other 2 sciences meaning that another one better covers the new content now. I have some notes that I was going to pass onto my younger sibling which were based on the textbook to help them prepare so wanted to make sure I wasn't giving them anything that would be hindering their preparation.

Many thanks.
Original post by AksSin
Hi,

I did my GCSEs in 2019 and used the Hodder Education textbooks for all 3 sciences. I found the textbooks to be comprehensive and I did not require any other resources to do well.

I wanted to know if this is still the case or have there been any changes to the specification in terms of content for physics but also for the other 2 sciences meaning that another one better covers the new content now. I have some notes that I was going to pass onto my younger sibling which were based on the textbook to help them prepare so wanted to make sure I wasn't giving them anything that would be hindering their preparation.

Many thanks.

From a quick google it doesn't look like the specification has changed however the best thing to do when preparing for a GCSE in any subject is to have a copy of the specification and make sure you are revising every topic on it. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest