The Student Room Group

Self-Studying Further Maths Resources

I'm going to be self-studying next year, does anyone have any suggestions for good text-books to use?

Can't decide between getting the Oxford, Cambridge or Hodder education one.

I'm going to go AQA. I've done it at GCSE and A-Level so I think it's best to stick with what I'm familiar with.

Are there any other good resources I should be aware of, paid or free? I've seen some courses online, but I've heard mixed feedback about them.
Reply 1
Original post by AnotherStudent!
I'm going to be self-studying next year, does anyone have any suggestions for good text-books to use?

Can't decide between getting the Oxford, Cambridge or Hodder education one.

I'm going to go AQA. I've done it at GCSE and A-Level so I think it's best to stick with what I'm familiar with.

Are there any other good resources I should be aware of, paid or free? I've seen some courses online, but I've heard mixed feedback about them.

Heya!

If it helps, Study Mind has lots of free resources you can use for your studies :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 2
You'll probably default to tl maths as a main resource. Theres madas papers and co like IYGB for a lot of really hard questions. You may also want to do some STEP/MAT questions. Also Alevelmathsrevision the site. You may also want to just try out all the modules of it to see what you want to do - stats is easier and long, but a lot of people find mechanics aids. Btw, i believe aqa has more contenf eg lhopitals compared to other exam boards, so look out for that. Also use annas archive to pirate books from other exam boards, eg my school made us use hodders for a level - theyre not tooo good for stats. Also, you can use all resources from other exam boards btw, dont limit yourself with maths from one board, cus theyre all relatively the same

Quick Reply

Latest