The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics Paper 2 (Higher Combined) 8464/2H - 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by arrow1801
I measured between the ending 2 rarefactions not the ends of the waves getting me 10cm which is 100mm which means it’s 500mm. Then i divided it by like 7 or 8, the amount of waves between them getting me like 71.something. there might be a range of answers tho not sure if im right

I think I got 70
Reply 41
Original post by A____J
ahh right, ok
thanks
and the compass qs, whatd u get? .-.

compass contains a small bar magnet, this points in the direction of the earths magnetic field (north)
Reply 42
I measured between the ending 2 rarefactions not the ends of the waves getting me 10cm which is 100mm which means its 500mm. Then i divided it by like 7 or 8, the amount of waves between them getting me like 71.something. there might be a range of answers tho not sure if im right

Original post by Holmesalex
What did you get on the wave length question

i got 70mm, 56mm for four waveslengths, 56 x 5=280, 280/4 =70 mm, im gonna get 9-9(the confidence will get me there)
Original post by rayhxn97
i got 70mm, 56mm for four waveslengths, 56 x 5=280, 280/4 =70 mm, im gonna get 9-9(the confidence will get me there)

ill probs get 9-8 as i was predicted 8-8 ages ago. what r u predicted?
Reply 44
Original post by propergoodman
ill probs get 9-8 as i was predicted 8-8 ages ago. what r u predicted?

im predicted 9-9, but idc about that, i just want to see how many more marks than a 9-9 i can get, 9-9 is 270ish/420, with my calculations i should get 320/330 out of 420
Reply 45

Yeah nice 70 and 71 should be in the same thingy what did u get for the rocks velocity?
Reply 46
im predicted 9-9, but idc about that, i just want to see how many more marks than a 9-9 i can get, 9-9 is 270ish/420, with my calculations i should get 320/330 out of 420

I counted about that aswell lol
Reply 47
Yeah nice 70 and 71 should be in the same thingy what did u get for the rocks velocity?

It’s 12, but the last question I got 92.25 or something idk how it’s not that maybe I didn’t read the question correct
Reply 48
It's 61.75 for the distance i think.
19.5m foe thinking distance
Then to work out breaking distance
26^2/2x8
Then add that to 19.5

i did the same thank god i'm pretty sure this is right cuz u needed the thinking distance
Reply 49
wtf was that question on what's an object that is stationary and struggles to move. i put disabled and then paralysed but apparently it's static what does that even mean it's the only question that sucked i swear it's like that question on paper 1 about researches approving stuff LIKE HOW IS THIS PHYSICS
What did everyone get for like the frequency wave length and speed question it was the first 3 marks and there was a question like what is in inelastic something I put like this is where after stretching the string it doesn’t go back to its original shape. Something like that
Reply 51
Original post by suzy23
What did everyone get for like the frequency wave length and speed question it was the first 3 marks and there was a question like what is in inelastic something I put like this is where after stretching the string it doesn’t go back to its original shape. Something like that

Yes that’s correct. Inelastic deformation is when something does not return back to its original form when compressed or extended
Reply 52
What were we actually supposed to do for the last question?? that was the only one I struggled on
Reply 53
for that wavelength question I measured from the start of the first wave thing to the start of the last wave and got 11.4 then ×50 = 570 then ÷8=71.25 idk if i'd get that correct:frown: but I also got 61.75(?) for the last one
Reply 54
Its 61.75 for the distance i think.
19.5m foe thinking distance
Then to work out breaking distance
26^2/2x8
Then add that to 19.5

Same!
Reply 55
Original post by smohammad1
It’s 12, but the last question I got 92.25 or something idk how it’s not that maybe I didn’t read the question correct

I got 12 but 61.75 for the last 5 marker
Reply 56
I measured between the ending 2 rarefactions not the ends of the waves getting me 10cm which is 100mm which means its 500mm. Then i divided it by like 7 or 8, the amount of waves between them getting me like 71.something. there might be a range of answers tho not sure if im right

But it was transverse?
Reply 57
good job everyone!! I hope you are all satisfied with how you did!
I was quite happy with it, although I put the wrong answer for the direction of the wire but its only a mark.
i think got 61 point something for the last one I think. I did thinking distance and braking distance. its relieving to see other people here got similar bc I wasnt completely sure on that one and worried I was wrong!
Reply 58
Bruhh i got like 23.25 or something like that
Reply 59
What did everyone get for the 4 marker on the velocity of the stone? I got 12 m/s
Also for the 1st question for the v= f x λ question I got something like 6x 10^14 but can't exactly remember

AQA are redeeming themselves after that horrible Physics Paper 1

Latest

Trending

Trending