The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics Paper 2 (Higher Combined) 8464/2H - 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone do a lot of rearranging in the calculation questions? For example to find the frequency I had to do the wavelength divides by the speed I think and I got 150 as the answer the calculations were in standard form?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 81
Original post by suzy23
What could you have written for the similarities and differences in the properties in ultraviolet wave and gamma waves?

For similarity I said that they're both ionising
For differences I said that gamma rays have a shorter wavelength and higher frequency than ultraviolet waves
Original post by nawdsecvf
2/2 I think! :smile:

What about me? I put they are both highly ionising for similarity and then I put what both are used for
Original post by Hector43(3)
What about me? I put they are both highly ionising for similarity and then I put what both are used for

2/2 definitely
Reply 84
What do you think a 6 will be out of 70?

28/70 each paper
Reply 85
mark my words, imma get a 9-9
Original post by suzy23
2/2 definitely

yeah your lying aren’t you I definitely got it wrong
Was

Original post by rayhxn97
mark my words, imma get a 9-9

Can you tell me all your answers that you remember
Reply 88
Was

Can you tell me all your answers that you remember

for the 6 marker rq, it was just me writing the practical in 6 steps(i should get 6/6 in it), the fill in the blank was static, i got 4 as one of the extention questions, first question was radiowave, microwave, i think the last one was x ray, the copper rod moves to the right, icl i forgot the other questions but i hope this helped. just believe in yourself, i went from a grade 5 in science(mainly cause i cba with science) to a 9-9 predicted cause of vids, forgot about gcses if u dont have anymore exams unlike me who has dt on monday
for the 6 marker rq, it was just me writing the practical in 6 steps(i should get 6/6 in it), the fill in the blank was static, i got 4 as one of the extention questions, first question was radiowave, microwave, i think the last one was x ray, the copper rod moves to the right, icl i forgot the other questions but i hope this helped. just believe in yourself, i went from a grade 5 in science(mainly cause i cba with science) to a 9-9 predicted cause of vids, forgot about gcses if u dont have anymore exams unlike me who has dt on monday

Yeah but I wanted a 6 and 7 and I think I did really bad even though I was doing a lot of revision
Good luck in your DT exam
Work

Also how many marks do you think I will get for the rock one, I wrote my formulas and working out and everything but my answer was 12.6

For the calculation questions did you do a lot of rearranging for the formulas. For the first 3 marker there was like standard form numbers and I think you had to work out the frequency I got something like 150? Correct?
Original post by suzy23
For the calculation questions did you do a lot of rearranging for the formulas. For the first 3 marker there was like standard form numbers and I think you had to work out the frequency I got something like 150? Correct?

I didn’t get that but I think I got it wrong
Reply 94
Also how many marks do you think I will get for the rock one, I wrote my formulas and working out and everything but my answer was 12.6

if you used all the numbers in the question, and rounded the number and wrote all the correct formulas you will get at least half marks(im assuming its a 4 marker)
Reply 95
Original post by suzy23

i didnt do that much re arranging and i completely forgot the paper as im revising dt, i'll try ask my friends if they remember
i didnt do that much re arranging and i completely forgot the paper as im revising dt, i'll try ask my friends if they remember

Did you find it hard? I found it hard
Original post by A____J
whatd u get for the 1st qs, about the order of waves

I got the first one right but none of the others it was
Radio
Microwave
X-ray
Reply 98
Did you find it hard? I found it hard

i think you didnt see my previous comments but i found the paper hella easy, dont let that demotivate u tho since a lot of people didnt try, the person next to me opened the paper and just slepped the minute the exam started so have hope cause at least u did the paper
Did anyone get 150 for an answer for any of the calculation questions if they remember? I don’t know if anyone else experiences this but like i make extremely silly mistakes during the exam and then only released after the exam that I have made that mistake or after the exam I remember key details that I should have added to that exam but didn’t?
(edited 10 months ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending