The Student Room Group

A-Level pressure

Has anyone else been getting horrible mental breakdowns and feeling pressured of not being able to finish the content revision in time? I have honestly felt so scared because recently I've been getting horrible grades (away from my predicted grades) and it is honestly scaring me as my firm choice is exactly the same as what im predicted for. I feel like I have burnt myself out and wanted to know is that the same case for others and how are you dealing with it?
Original post by lcvedingdong
Has anyone else been getting horrible mental breakdowns and feeling pressured of not being able to finish the content revision in time? I have honestly felt so scared because recently I've been getting horrible grades (away from my predicted grades) and it is honestly scaring me as my firm choice is exactly the same as what im predicted for. I feel like I have burnt myself out and wanted to know is that the same case for others and how are you dealing with it?

Actually, im not as same as your situation but i would like to say that there is always the way to obtain your goal...!! A level score never represents ur ability and most importantly, uni never be the goal... ur goal must be the verb not noun...!
Original post by lcvedingdong

Hi @lcvedingdong,

Sorry to hear you are feeling overwhelmed and stressed out. Exam time is stressful and having the added pressure of needing to get grades can make the pressure feel too much. There is soo much that you can not control (the questions that may come up etc) but there is also things which you can - looking after yourself and trying your best to prepare.

Try to relax - I know this is easier said than done. If you are too stressed/ feeling under great pressure this can have a negative impact and can make it harder to revise and do your exams. It is important to focus on studying but it is also important to be in a good headspace. Do take time to let yourself wind down - whether that be mindfulness exercises, sport, a walk, cooking, a hobby, talking with family/friends... whatever is right for you. Also make sure you are resting (sleeping) and fuelling (eating) you body.

Trust in yourself. You clearly have a lot going for you which universities noticed and is why you have an offer.
I really wish you the best of luck with your exams.

Catherine - University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest