The Student Room Group

uni dilemma...

Is sociology an interesting subject? Im changing course at uni and I'm either gonna do politics and philosophy or politics and sociology. Which one is stronger/ and or more interesting ?!
Original post by shawnis
Is sociology an interesting subject? Im changing course at uni and I'm either gonna do politics and philosophy or politics and sociology. Which one is stronger/ and or more interesting ?!

If you're changing course it would be a good idea to know what your own interests are as these questions are extremely subjective.

Sociology will ultimately require you to undertake primary social science research, whereas philosophy will not and will be more text-based approach. Practically, there is quite a large difference between these courses...
Reply 2
this is really helpful, thank you :smile:
I think I'm gonna go with sociology, it's more up my street in terms of quantitative research!
Original post by 04MR17
If you're changing course it would be a good idea to know what your own interests are as these questions are extremely subjective.

Sociology will ultimately require you to undertake primary social science research, whereas philosophy will not and will be more text-based approach. Practically, there is quite a large difference between these courses...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending