The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Business Paper 1 (9BS0 01) - 23rd May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by pav225
how do you revise for content? haven't started as i have econ on Thursday

i mean i just went through the spec and found videos which explain the topic - if the video isn't clear enough i look at the slides my teachers had made
Reply 61
Original post by sarahiqbalx
Haven't even started revising yet- have Geography tomorrow

oh God, good luck!
@Lihini_Dh12 how was your accounting exam?
I’m acc just gonna waffle my through this exam
Reply 64
anyone have the examiners report for business edexcel a level 2022?
also if anyone can link me a youtuber for a level edexcel business that is similar to Econplusdal but for business it will be highly appreciated
Original post by Sohail Z
anyone have the examiners report for business edexcel a level 2022?
also if anyone can link me a youtuber for a level edexcel business that is similar to Econplusdal but for business it will be highly appreciated

Two YouTubers for business that I found useful:
Bizconsesh
Takingthebiz
Reply 66
Original post by NazifaNawer
Two YouTubers for business that I found useful:
Bizconsesh
Takingthebiz

thank you
Reply 67
Original post by T2T2!
Market segmentation has never come up! And its very possible they ask a 20 marker on stakeholders or corporate objectives (short/long termism) because that has hardly come up

so in paper 1 why tf would they ask stakeholder obejctive is not evne on the spec, i understand paper 2 or 3
Original post by cicciosisi
so in paper 1 why tf would they ask stakeholder obejctive is not evne on the spec, i understand paper 2 or 3

Yeah they definitely could for Paper 2 or Paper 3 but don't think the exam board would be able to do that for Paper 1 given that it is only themes 1 and 4 :smile:
Does anyone have any predictions that they are confident will come up??
I suppose a supply/demand diagram is always likely its came up on most of the papers.
Reply 69
any prediction topics or exam questions?
Original post by NazifaNawer
@Lihini_Dh12 how was your accounting exam?

it was ok, I guess. I struggled with the 5th question but I was able to complete the paper on time. How was it for you?
Original post by Lihini_Dh12
it was ok, I guess. I struggled with the 5th question but I was able to complete the paper on time. How was it for you?

It went well. It was a bit lengthy but I still did good. I skipped number 5 and did the other 3 in section B
Reply 72
Original post by Hlfluysdykx
Yeah they definitely could for Paper 2 or Paper 3 but don't think the exam board would be able to do that for Paper 1 given that it is only themes 1 and 4 :smile:
Does anyone have any predictions that they are confident will come up??
I suppose a supply/demand diagram is always likely its came up on most of the papers.

Yeh it was my bad sorry guys, If you scroll back you will see that I said the stakeholder objectives part was a mistake
Reply 73

In my opinion I’ve never really seen franchising come up a lot so that could be a possible 12/20 marker , Transitioning from entrepreneur to leader is another uncommon one , could be a Boston matrix 4 marker aswell since it hasn’t come up in a little bit now oh and staff as a hard / soft ( liability or an asset ) these r a few theme 1 topics that might come up on section A of paper 1.
Reply 74
yo any predictions for paper 1? literally any idea would be helpful thanks
seem to be a pattern of a lot of 4.1 and 4.4 so i would definitely revise that. hard to say about theme 1 as usually they ask a question from most sections of the spec in theme 1. likely 1.4 for 20 marker though
Reply 76
Original post by T2T2!
Yeh it was my bad sorry guys, If you scroll back you will see that I said the stakeholder objectives part was a mistake

ah no worries you kinda scared me

Original post by NathanIN
In my opinion I’ve never really seen franchising come up a lot so that could be a possible 12/20 marker , Transitioning from entrepreneur to leader is another uncommon one , could be a Boston matrix 4 marker aswell since it hasn’t come up in a little bit now oh and staff as a hard / soft ( liability or an asset ) these r a few theme 1 topics that might come up on section A of paper 1.

sound prediction i hate 1.5 unless its types of business i dont really care why charlie is a good entrepreneurs

Original post by joshsimpsonnn
seem to be a pattern of a lot of 4.1 and 4.4 so i would definitely revise that. hard to say about theme 1 as usually they ask a question from most sections of the spec in theme 1. likely 1.4 for 20 marker though

to be honest makes sense for theme 4, the other stuff is just weird 4 mark material amybe even 4.3 asking about poly vs ethno vs geocentric or stuff like push and pull reasons

sound prediction i hate 1.5 unless its types of business i dont really care why charlie is a good entrepreneurs

to be honest makes sense for theme 4, the other stuff is just weird 4 mark material amybe even 4.3 asking about poly vs ethno vs geocentric or stuff like push and pull reasons

I agree, perhaps:

- Supply/Demand diagram
- Price/Income elasticity Q
- Push/pull factors or reasons/ consequences of expanding into foreign markets
- They always seem to ask about multinationals so 4.4

yes what i was thinking. not easy to predict for paper 1 or 2 as it can be on anything really. whereas paper 3 links to car market so may be easier to predict as certain topics fit the context
Reply 79

Going over roles of an entrepreneur aswell as transitioning of them as I’m typing this lmao , certainly a boring topic of the spec

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending