The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St. Andrews or LSE?

Hi guys,

I am honestly 50/50...

I have gotten undergrad offers for both these unis, same grades and the same course.
This is what is making it hard to decide:
Why I would want St. Andrews:
1. I want to get out of London
2. LSE seems too academic but St. Andrews has a nicer balance and is more sporty (I am a sportsperson...)
3. Accommodation seems nicer in St. Andrews
4. I feel like St. Andrews would be nice for a change since I have lived in London for 18 years

Why I would want LSE:
1. 3 year course compared to 4 -> i can get a job sooner!
2. More well-known and seems to have a better international reputation and so would seem better in the future for jobs
3. St. Andrews is smaller than London of course -> I am scared i will get bored

I have been to see both universities and I honestly really like both...
I would choose St Andrews. if only it was not so far and if it was bigger but I don't know if that will really affect me anyway since I am not a big party guy anyway!

Let me know what you guys think
Thank you!
Reply 1
Same here, I got offer from both Uni, I'm international student and I have chosen LSE.
For your case, you lived in London for 18 years, you must be familiar very well the culture and life in London while you're still struggling whether staying in London. The answer is clear, I'd suggest you to choose St. Andrews, escape from your comfortable zone, try and learn something new in Scotland.
Both are excellent Uni, choose either one couldn't be wrong.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by bob122333
Hi guys,

I am honestly 50/50...

I have gotten undergrad offers for both these unis, same grades and the same course.
This is what is making it hard to decide:
Why I would want St. Andrews:
1. I want to get out of London
2. LSE seems too academic but St. Andrews has a nicer balance and is more sporty (I am a sportsperson...)
3. Accommodation seems nicer in St. Andrews
4. I feel like St. Andrews would be nice for a change since I have lived in London for 18 years

Why I would want LSE:
1. 3 year course compared to 4 -> i can get a job sooner!
2. More well-known and seems to have a better international reputation and so would seem better in the future for jobs
3. St. Andrews is smaller than London of course -> I am scared i will get bored

I have been to see both universities and I honestly really like both...
I would choose St Andrews. if only it was not so far and if it was bigger but I don't know if that will really affect me anyway since I am not a big party guy anyway!

Let me know what you guys think
Thank you!

Hi!
Same here but I am from Paris.
I hear really unenticing comments about the atmosphere at LSE (unfriendly and career driven, with cliques)
I would also chose St Andrews but I am afraid I will get a bit bored + it is less convenient to return to Paris…
I don’t know what to do !!!
cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending