The Student Room Group

I'm late to my class due to a breakdown, what should I say to the teacher instead?

So I was supposed to attend class, I was getting ready but then I started crying uncontrollably...so I tried to stay in a bit to calm down but then I cried harder for awhile. Then I spent a good while trying to get rid of any signs of the tears but before I know it, I'm super late and I have no idea what to do :\ The teacher might see me around school, their class is really chill honestly and I love the teacher. It's just that my mental health hasn't been great lately and I was too distracted by schoolwork to actually contact a doctor. I'm not sure what excuse to use now if I do see them..
Reply 1
Maybe go to the nurses office and say you've been feeling really sick or sick if you want to go home if not then tell the teacher you were feeling ill so went to see the nurse. Also I know it sounds really hard but maybe talk to an adult you trust about how your feeling I know its hard but honesty it will help even if it doesn't seem like it does straight away. Also remember it might not feel like it now but you won't feel like this forever I don't know if your in an exam year but even end of year exams can make any mental health problems even worse
Hope you can get some help
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
"Unforeseen circumstances at home" - not lying, but also not disclosing any information.

I would really urge you to speak to someone about your mental health though.
Original post by black tea
"Unforeseen circumstances at home" - not lying, but also not disclosing any information.

I would really urge you to speak to someone about your mental health though.

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest