The Student Room Group

Do i need physics

I want to study Computer Science at University. I am deciding to pick the following as my a levels:

Further Maths

Maths

Computer Science

Politics

Are these good a levels to get me into somewhere like -

Oxford, UCL,Manchester , Durham, St Andrews, Loughborough, Warwick

I didn’t pick physics as i dislike it
Reply 1
Original post by schooluserfor
I want to study Computer Science at University. I am deciding to pick the following as my a levels:

Further Maths

Maths

Computer Science

Politics

Absolutely perfect A-levels. Even for top universities like Oxford and Cambridge, only Further Maths is needed, and I've only ever seen 1 uni that requires Computer Science. Most unis just want mathematics, so Maths and Further Maths do make you look good. Computer Science itself is also a subject that universities say they don't require, but again really helps your application. In short, your A-level choices are fine: Maths is the only necessary, and physics is definitely not required it's just what we call facilitating. Hope that helps! Best of luck :smile:
Original post by schooluserfor

Further Maths

Maths

Computer Science

Politics

Hi @schooluserfor,

It's great to hear that you're interested in studying at Loughborough.

I just wanted to post a link to our BSc Computer Science degree page here. The page includes entry requirements, module details and information about future careers.

We also have other courses that include computer science and they would be worth taking a look at if you're interested. You can view them on our main undergraduate course page here.

I hope this helps :smile: if you have any other questions, let me know.

- Lindsay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending