The Student Room Group

Freaking out about exams. What to do

I know everyone must be freaking out right now about their exams, but i feel like i am worrying about it to another level. Like. Losing sleep. Last night i had a nightmare about going to the exam having revised the wrong thing.

I am stressing out so much about them, i have not felt this level of panic since the pandemic in 2020 when i had to go to therapy for 4 months.

I am really, really worried. Im trying to believe in fate to reassure me i will get what i deserve. But i think ive messed up my revision. I have 12 days until my 1st exam.

I need someone to tell me it will all be okay pls.
Reply 1
you can only worry about the days ahead, and 12 days is plenty of time to carry on revising, you got this, so many people will not have even started yet, youll be fine, keep on going foward
Reply 2
As Anonymous #2 said, the only thing you can do is keep going forward and try your best. There's a lot of pressure from basically everything that says exams are the end of the world - but they're not. There are always other options, but you can still revise well in 12 days anyway. Try and focus on the positives - for example, write a list of everything you've done today: any revision is good revision, etc. Plan out what you need to focus on for revision, so you feel like you're doing the right stuff.

If you're feeling that stressed about it, is there anyone you can speak to? That could be a family member friend, or even just a teacher. You could also phone or email somewhere like Samaritans to get advice. Exam periods are some of the hardest times of the year, and the only thing you can do is battle your way through them - but it's much easier if you have people there for you.

I hope that helps. Best of luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I know everyone must be freaking out right now about their exams, but i feel like i am worrying about it to another level. Like. Losing sleep. Last night i had a nightmare about going to the exam having revised the wrong thing.

I am stressing out so much about them, i have not felt this level of panic since the pandemic in 2020 when i had to go to therapy for 4 months.

I am really, really worried. Im trying to believe in fate to reassure me i will get what i deserve. But i think ive messed up my revision. I have 12 days until my 1st exam.

I need someone to tell me it will all be okay pls.

Just do your best and make sure you look after yourself during these next few months as exam season can be really tough but all you can do is try your best plus that's all that matters

Quick Reply

Latest