The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
your way

Original post by S.ssa
which way mine or their way
Reply 41
what was the structure of ur essay, i posted mine earlier in the thread, lmk if urs is similar
Original post by mankypablo
your way
Reply 42
Original post by S.ssa
what was the structure of ur essay, i posted mine earlier in the thread, lmk if urs is similar

basically the same as well
Reply 43
im i the only one who found it really difficult
Reply 44
which essays did you guys pick and how did you find them?

Original post by Talkative Toad
OCR A Level Economics Paper 1 Microeconomics (H460/01) - 18th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Thurs 18 May / AM
Length: 2h

Resources

OCR Economics
Well done everyone :smile:

Original post by S.ssa
did u not do the other way round so how the size of the firm influence eos where the questions was how important is eos in deciding the size of the firm. so i said it is important ans used examples of purchasing and techincal eos and said how a reduction in costs can allow the firm to decrease prices and inevstment which can allow the firm to grow

is doing it the other way a must?
Reply 46
Original post by To__j
which essays did you guys pick and how did you find them?

Did the negative externalities of smoking which was such a relief to see and provision of flood defences
Original post by Tiago Ribeiro
yes I did EOS and DOS did you not to evaluate it by saying a different factor as to what else is important when considering expanding the firm?
Cause its stressing me the hell out bruh

Yeah then for my depends on I spoke about contestability of the market, level of regulation and firms business objectives, which will affect the level of economies of scale but feel as if that was a bit of a stretch how about urself
Did anyone do the monopoly essay if so how did you structure it
Reply 49
im not 100% sure on what the structure is, its just what i think. i knew quite a few people doing kind of ur way as well so idk
Original post by d4ysbeforerodeo
is doing it the other way a must?
(edited 11 months ago)
Brother Idk what kind of 4 marker you got, but for OCR it was about transfer earnings and economic rent

Original post by Aks202929
the one about Cuban goverment and free market economy ahlie
Reply 51
for the analysis of the EOS what did u guys do
Original post by S.ssa
im not 100% sure on what the structure is, its just what i think. i knew quite a few people doing kind of ur way as well so idk

are they good at economics?
Reply 53
tbh idk i knew quite a few people who did my way and some people who did the other way
Original post by d4ysbeforerodeo
are they good at economics?
Original post by S.ssa
tbh idk i knew quite a few people who did my way and some people who did the other way

which way did the smarter people do?😭😭
Reply 55
i would say its an even split idk tho
Reply 56
I will ask my teacher tomorrow
Reply 57
I did - I did the intro then drew the diagram, did the cons first then did 2 pros then an evaluation in the conc
Wbu?

Original post by Z.a. MathsecoRS
Reply 58
Original post by Z.a. MathsecoRS

Definition of monopoly and collusive oligopolies( tacit and cartel)
Point for monopoly being disadvantageous, mine was that compared to the free market, allocation of good and services would be less and more expensive.
Evaluate
Another Point for, mine was that, collusion is likely to not be dynamically efficiently in the short run, as firms are unlikely to research into technology and stuff with their supernormal profit as they have no incentive to.
Evaluate
Point against, natural monopolies and that.
Judgement.
Reply 59
Original post by S.ssa
did u not do the other way round so how the size of the firm influence eos where the questions was how important is eos in deciding the size of the firm. so i said it is important ans used examples of purchasing and techincal eos and said how a reduction in costs can allow the firm to decrease prices and inevstment which can allow the firm to grow

I did it the same way too

Latest

Trending

Trending