The Student Room Group

A Level Edexcel Economics B Paper 1 (9EB0 01) 2023 [exam chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yo that was fcking calm bros dal is getting the biggest gluck gluck of his life we are the dons of econ
Reply 21
just a note - try not to discuss questions till atleast 24 hours after exams - i know kids in my sons school due to timetable clashes have their papers rescheduled for the next day.
Original post by meepsie
stop really? i shifted demand :eek:

me too but im pretty certain supply was supposed to shift
Reply 23
Original post by sara174
just a note - try not to discuss questions till atleast 24 hours after exams - i know kids in my sons school due to timetable clashes have their papers rescheduled for the next day.

Hi Sara. Unfortunately 24 hours later I would have forgotten also when your exams are rescheduled you are not allowed access to the internet of communications in any capacity.. human capital unable to be increased sadly.
how did everyone find the first 20 mark?
Reply 25
Original post by Jakelands
No way man, so sorry about that, hopefully you got the 4 marker though - ultimate question - shift in supply or demand for the tax?

Decrease VAT, reduce cost for firms so supply to the right
Similar question was asked on 2018 paper 1 question 1d
Reply 26
Original post by sufiankhan
Decrease VAT, reduce cost for firms so supply to the right
Similar question was asked on 2018 paper 1 question 1d

was that the 10 marker ?
what did you guys say for the first 4 marker?
Reply 28
Original post by wdanorv
was that the 10 marker ?

yes
Original post by sara174

If that's true, then they should be isolated or have phones taken off them by the school because the questions will be all over the internet. I thought that's what they do
(edited 11 months ago)
bruh that unemployment question was messed up. the data showed a rise unemployment but the question asked about the implications of a fall in unemployment so how do they expect us to use the context?? fr i read over it like 5 times smh
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 31
Original post by econgirrrl
bruh that unemployment question was messed up. the data showed a rise unemployment but the question asked about the implications of a fall in unemployment so how do they expect us to use the context?? fr i read over it like 5 times smh

I used it to explain that in the long term unemployment would be expected to rise again as firms would be able to hire less workers due to increase in wages. And used these stats there
Reply 32
What were your points for the smoking one? I was waffling
Reply 33
Original post by 16pearsonj

Would be effective:
1) would reduce the current levels of consumers in the market through raising awareness
2) Would reduce the number of new consumers entering the market

Wouldn't be effective
1) smokers are not acting rationally as cigarettes are an addictive de-merit good
2) Previous government interventions that have been attempted have failed
my points were so weak and i hadn't a clue what to say lol. i mentioned information failure when targetting teens and said they might end up vaping instead but in a very non-articulate way lol.

Original post by 16pearsonj
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by econgirrrl

i was thinking the same thing and then didn't end up using the data lol
Original post by j.zelazo
Yo that was fcking calm bros dal is getting the biggest gluck gluck of his life we are the dons of econ

In dal we trust
Reply 37
Original post by username50028453
i was thinking the same thing and then didn't end up using the data lol

neither i used none of the evidence. the question was worded so shiiiiittt
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 38
that first 4 marker tho on the method of research for the CMA to conduct
Reply 39
Original post by AA55
that first 4 marker tho on the method of research for the CMA to conduct

What about it?