The Student Room Group

A Level Edexcel Economics B Paper 1 (9EB0 01) 2023 [exam chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AA55
that first 4 marker tho on the method of research for the CMA to conduct

shite question, i wrote about primary research eg focus groups to try and gauge if consumers have enough info about the market
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by econgirrrl
shite question, i wrote about primary research eg focus groups to try and gauge if consumers have enough info about the market

yeah i wrote something similar but using questionnaires instead
tbf i felt a lot of the questions on that paper were worded really weirdly
Original post by username50028453
yeah i wrote something similar but using questionnaires instead

yeah same, what did you guys put for the revenue calculation question and the diagram for the last question
Original post by user0349334
yeah same, what did you guys put for the revenue calculation question and the diagram for the last question

9.73% for calculation, last diagram i used a rightward shift in LRAS

i think i got the same. messed up the diagram for VAT tho
Reply 46

what about the unemployment question
Original post by sufiankhan
what about the unemployment question

i wrote about more disposable income so more people may buy spotify premium and tickets for events etc and then for the balance i said potential wage inflation?
Reply 48
Original post by user1614
how did everyone find the paper??

good paper tbf, didn't like the first 20 marker because of the extract. Maybe could've provided more data to use but the second 20 marker was good
Reply 49
i think i got the same. messed up the diagram for VAT tho

wasn't it 9.34 or something like that, quite a lot of people i sat it with got sommet like that. either 9.34 or 9.43 cos it was the million/billion times 100?
Reply 50
Original post by mo_u786
wasn't it 9.34 or something like that, quite a lot of people i sat it with got sommet like that. either 9.34 or 9.43 cos it was the million/billion times 100?

Yeah, don't forget the % symbol cause they like markings students down for not including units
Original post by mo_u786

Yeah I got 9.43
Yeah I got 9.43

9.73% i swr
9.73% i swr

nah i didn't get that
did we all just do r&d costs/revenue x 100 bc if we did then everyone probs got the same answer unless you used the data for 2020 instead of 2021
Reply 55
Original post by Clocky265
Yeah, don't forget the % symbol cause they like markings students down for not including units

yeah i did that boss nice one
Reply 56
Yeah I got 9.43

hopefully its right as long as you put % on at the end too
Reply 57
(Original post by econgirrrl)shite question, i wrote about primary research eg focus groups to try and gauge if consumers have enough info about the market

tbf i felt a lot of the questions on that paper were worded really weirdly

the fall in unemployment one was weird cos technically a fall in unemployment means less people are unemployed but it didn't make sense in context of the question so i just took it to mean that there is more employment. The wording should've been a rise in unemployment. Either that or i completely messed the question up
Reply 58
Original post by mo_u786
(Original post by econgirrrl)shite question, i wrote about primary research eg focus groups to try and gauge if consumers have enough info about the market

the fall in unemployment one was weird cos technically a fall in unemployment means less people are unemployed but it didn't make sense in context of the question so i just took it to mean that there is more employment. The wording should've been a rise in unemployment. Either that or i completely messed the question up

Wait so did you write about rising employment or rising unemployment
Reply 59
Original post by user1614
feelings about paper 1 tomorrow?
it's so annoying that there are literally no resources online (or any discussions on here) for economics b so hopefully this can get the discussion started

Congratulations on everyone finishing this exam!

I messed up on the “falling unemployment” question - who tf words increasing employment like that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending