The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester Metropolitan Official Clearing Thread 2023

Hi everyone,

Clearing 2023 is now open!

You can find information on applying through Clearing here at Manchester Met on the following webpages: Clearing 2023 at Manchester Met | Manchester Metropolitan University (mmu.ac.uk)

What is Clearing?

Clearing is a fantastic opportunity for potential students to apply to university later in the year than usual. It doesn’t matter if you’ve already applied through UCAS earlier this year, or whether you’re considering higher education for the first time, you can apply to university this summer and start studying during autumn. Clearing helps applicants who have not secured a place at university or college, for whatever reason, to find places on university courses.

You can apply to Manchester Met through Clearing from the 5th of July until September, but Clearing is most popular when A-level results are published in August.

Using Clearing

You can use Clearing to apply to study if you:

want to change your chosen course

didn’t meet the conditions of your offers

have not received any offers

have not yet applied to university

To apply from the 5th of July, you will need to have already received all your results. If you are waiting to receive your results on results day in August, you can apply through Clearing once you have received your results.

You can find useful information on how clearing works here: How university Clearing works in 2023 | Manchester Met (mmu.ac.uk) or take a look at our frequently asked questions: 35 frequently asked Clearing questions | Manchester Metropolitan University (mmu.ac.uk)

You can check out our students stories and get top tips from some of our academics here: How university Clearing works in 2023 | Manchester Met (mmu.ac.uk)

I hope this helps! Any questions please do feel free to ask!

Carly :smile:
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi everyone,

Clearing 2023 is quickly approaching and will be opening on the 5th of July!

You can find information on applying through Clearing here at Manchester Met on the following webpages: Clearing 2023 at Manchester Met | Manchester Metropolitan University (mmu.ac.uk)

What is Clearing?

Clearing is a fantastic opportunity for potential students to apply to university later in the year than usual. It doesn’t matter if you’ve already applied through UCAS earlier this year, or whether you’re considering higher education for the first time, you can apply to university this summer and start studying during autumn. Clearing helps applicants who have not secured a place at university or college, for whatever reason, to find places on university courses.

You can apply to Manchester Met through Clearing from the 5th of July until September, but Clearing is most popular when A-level results are published in August.

Using Clearing

To apply from the 5th of July, you will need to have already received all your results. If you are waiting to receive your results on results day in August, you can apply through Clearing once you have received your results.

You can find useful information on how clearing works here: How university Clearing works in 2023 | Manchester Met (mmu.ac.uk) or take a look at our frequently asked questions: 35 frequently asked Clearing questions | Manchester Metropolitan University (mmu.ac.uk)

You can check out our students stories and get top tips from some of our academics here: How university Clearing works in 2023 | Manchester Met (mmu.ac.uk)

Hey do you know if i can apply for accomodation at MMU when I ahve insured it as i dont see myself going to my firm university?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by Lemon 24
Hey do you know if i can apply for accomodation at MMU when I ahve insured it as i dont see myself going to my firm university?

Hi @Lemon 24

If Manchester Met is your insurance choice then you will be able to apply for accommodation after results day if you confirm that you want to study with us.

You can take a look at our Accommodation FAQ's and the Halls that we have to offer so that you know everything you need to do before you book accommodation at the university.

I hope this helps!!

Chloe :smile:
Hi everyone,

What is Clearing?

Using Clearing

Hi, how likely is it that Psychology will be in clearing for 2023?
Reply 4
Hi can i please have the clearing number to call please or email please as i have got all my results in many thanks
Original post by Nora220
Hi can i please have the clearing number to call please or email please as i have got all my results in many thanks

Hi @Nora220

Our Clearing number is 0161 247 3000 and our lines are open Monday-Friday, from 9am - 4.15pm.

I hope this helps!

Original post by Anonymous
Hi, how likely is it that Psychology will be in clearing for 2023?

Hi!

Unfortunately I couldn't tell you whether the course would become available in clearing as it depends on how many current offer holders take up their places. The best thing to do would be to check on our website or give us a call after 17th August 2023 to see if there is any availability.

I hope this helps!

I have Manchester Met as my insurance choice, If I miss the required entry requirements on results day, how likely is it that they let me in the course ( I applied for economics)
Hoping to get to Manchester metropolitan through clearing, waiting for the clearing advisor line to clear up

Any idea how long this takes? as i have to call separately each time as there's no hold or queue.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Fffffsaxbhy
Hoping to get to Manchester metropolitan through clearing, waiting for the clearing advisor line to clear up

Any idea how long this takes? as i have to call separately each time as there's no hold or queue.

Hi there

I'm sorry you're not able to get through to our Clearing Line just yet - lines are incredibly busy at the moment. Do please keep trying, as lines will get quieter as the day goes on.

Sophie
Reply 10
Hi,
I’ve accepted my place through clearing and would like to live in for my first year, but obviously accommodation is very difficult to apply for right now. I was wondering, does accommodation become available during the first few weeks if people drop out? And if so, how do you apply to it?
Original post by LucyF19
Hi,
I’ve accepted my place through clearing and would like to live in for my first year, but obviously accommodation is very difficult to apply for right now. I was wondering, does accommodation become available during the first few weeks if people drop out? And if so, how do you apply to it?

I would also like to know if this is the case because i am finding it difficult to find accommodation.
Reply 12
Hi everyone,

What is Clearing?

Using Clearing

Hi I’ve gotten in to Manchester metropolitan through clearing but i am unable to find accommodation. There are no vacancies in private or halls and I’m having little luck with waiting for cancellations at 10am. Any advice would be greatly appreciated because it is at a critical point with finding accommodation.
Original post by a667
Hi I’ve gotten in to Manchester metropolitan through clearing but i am unable to find accommodation. There are no vacancies in private or halls and I’m having little luck with waiting for cancellations at 10am. Any advice would be greatly appreciated because it is at a critical point with finding accommodation.

Hi @a667
I hope you've had some luck finding accommodation since you posted this! If you're still struggling, it may be worth taking a look on Manchester Student Homes or sites such as Spare Room to see if there are any rooms available in private rented properties.
I hope this helps!
Original post by LucyF19
Hi,

Hi @LucyF19 I'd recommend contacting our Accommodation team on [email protected] or 0161 247 2958 to check for any last minute places in our halls. You can also take a look on Manchester Student Homes or sites such as Spare Room to see if there are any rooms available in private rented properties.
I hope this helps!
Chloe:smile:
Hi, i got a clearing offer over the phone from mmu after doing my interview.
However, i've not been sent any sort of offer email/letter or any info of when i actually start my course?
I was sent an email a few days ago to complete some DBS forms with the title "Congratulations on securing a place...." but not given my MMU student ID number yet?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, i got a clearing offer over the phone from mmu after doing my interview.
However, i've not been sent any sort of offer email/letter or any info of when i actually start my course?
I was sent an email a few days ago to complete some DBS forms with the title "Congratulations on securing a place...." but not given my MMU student ID number yet?

Congratulations! For further information please contact the Clearing team on 0161 247 3000 and they'll advise on next steps :smile:
-Chloe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending