The Student Room Group

Edexcel Business GCSE Paper 1 (1BS0/01) - 18th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

What the hell was the calculate the energy that had the highest decrease in use between 2018 and 2019. I got the answer right but what the hell? I didn't realise it was a geography exam :rolleyes:
Reply 21
Original post by propergoodman
it was 2600

i swear it was 1500 cause it was 4000-2500
Reply 22
Original post by Lil Sumi
ye for the 12 marker i wrote price may not be important and promotion may be important to help with promoting the use of like green energy and stuff like that but u know for the 9 marker about how the uk government help small business and the 2 options were reduce tax or free training what did u put?

I can't remember exactly but I went for the lower tax and I argued that this would increase their retained profit and therefore the business would be able to invest in more wind farms (i.e. expand their business) thus allowing them to better able meet customer demand (something along those lines).
Reply 23
Original post by S7YPE
I can't remember exactly but I went for the lower tax and I argued that this would increase their retained profit and therefore the business would be able to invest in more wind farms (i.e. expand their business) thus allowing them to better able meet customer demand (something along those lines).

omggg sameee i wrote that tooo and for a disadvantage i waffled and put that the government would receive less income cus of less tax which can cause an increase in inflation so prices are high which can put people off from investing i dont even know if that makes sense
Reply 24
went quite smoothly for me, 12 marker was a bit weird and I feel like the person that did the case study questions either got bored or was is just underpaid💀
i think it was break even units i got like 2500 units i think around that number anyway

I think it was 4000 -2500 = 1500
Original post by S7YPE

it was like a geography exam :u:
Reply 27
omggg sameee i wrote that tooo and for a disadvantage i waffled and put that the government would receive less income cus of less tax which can cause an increase in inflation so prices are high which can put people off from investing i dont even know if that makes sense

I think it would have been better if u said that due to decreased tax, then it leads to an increase in customer spending (as they have a higher disposable income) which leads to increased inflation.
Reply 28
Original post by blueeee3432
i feel like those case studies were really bad in comparison to normal

omg i ******* hated that paper i lost a whole 12 marks alreadyyy
Guys what the hell i only did 2 questions 👎 Like what is an enterpruner? I used my maths skills luckily and I think i got at least 1 right. I think ill get at least an 8 maximum. 🤞
omg I HATED that paper I did 10 pages and couldn't do the rest but I hope I can get a grade 7 at least maybe an 8 if I'm lucky 🙏🤞🤞 pray for me guys
(edited 11 months ago)
I also added my explanation and i put That Romeo and Juliet spent this much money because Silly Ozymandius made them do it
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 32
Original post by katiegarca12
i also added my explanation and i put that romeo and juliet spent this much money because silly ozymandius made them do it

lmaooooooo
Reply 33
Original post by solace25
went quite smoothly for me, 12 marker was a bit weird and I feel like the person that did the case study questions either got bored or was is just underpaid💀

did the 12 marker say to evaluate the importance of price in the marketing mix, or just the marketing mix in general? i’m really panicking that i read it wrong😭
Reply 34
Original post by lstqe
did the 12 marker say to evaluate the importance of price in the marketing mix, or just the marketing mix in general? i’m really panicking that i read it wrong😭

evaluate importance of price im pretty sure
Reply 35
evaluate importance of price im pretty sure

omg i did it wrong.
Reply 36
I did the test 7 hours ago LMAO and can’t remember the questions (panicking slightly) What were the big questions?
Reply 37
Original post by lstqe
omg i did it wrong.

lol thats exactly what i did. in every paragraph i wrote how price affected the marketing mix like promotion,product and all that and i flipping got it all wrong.BUT how can a 12 marker just be on price its so stupid
Reply 38
Original post by laibaxox
lol thats exactly what i did. in every paragraph i wrote how price affected the marketing mix like promotion,product and all that and i flipping got it all wrong.BUT how can a 12 marker just be on price its so stupid

tbh i prefered it when we had less time because it was much more easier the exam
Reply 39
Original post by DKDS
How did you guys find the 12 marker

i didnt get time to finish it saddllyyyy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending