The Student Room Group

Heart palpitations are getting unbearable

As written, they are. I can feel my heart beating and I feel extremely weak, Im really trying to study but I start to eventually focus out due to head aches and brain fog..Im unsure what is wrong with me.

I went to the counsellor but they said Im fine and Im so stressed out right now especially since I have exams this week and Im trying so hard to study but I just can't. I've cried already yesterday and I feel tears piling up again. I feel so stuck, I took breaks but they do nothing to calm me down..
Reply 1
I know it’s not a great solution but when I got really bad palpitations I used to revise on the floor. It’s not really a long term solution so I probably try getting to see your gp as quickly as possible or explain your situation to your head of year
Reply 2
Original post by Poisenivy
I know it’s not a great solution but when I got really bad palpitations I used to revise on the floor. It’s not really a long term solution so I probably try getting to see your gp as quickly as possible or explain your situation to your head of year

Oh I study on the floor too! It really helps at times but seems like today isn't working out too well :/ Thank you for trying to help though. I think I managed to sort of manage my anxiety by putting on a movie, suprisingly I managed to take some study notes and organised my studying through it now so I managed to find a solution! :biggrin:

On the topic of the GP..I have went to them about a similar case of chest pain before and they seem clueless :frown: But I'll try to though give it a try this week so maybe they this time they'll help. Thank you.
Hey :smile:

Again this is absolutely not a fix all, but if you are having stress or anxiety indudced palpatations then can I recommend taking some time out and maybe having a shower?

I used to get really bad palpatations years ago now and I found focussing on the sensation of the water on my skin and the change in temperature etc helped distract me and let my physical symptoms subside a little.

Sorry you are struggling.

Original post by Anonymous
As written, they are. I can feel my heart beating and I feel extremely weak, Im really trying to study but I start to eventually focus out due to head aches and brain fog..Im unsure what is wrong with me.

I went to the counsellor but they said Im fine and Im so stressed out right now especially since I have exams this week and Im trying so hard to study but I just can't. I've cried already yesterday and I feel tears piling up again. I feel so stuck, I took breaks but they do nothing to calm me down..
If heart paplations keep happening, and we are having mental health issues I’d suggest speaking to your gp.

The heart stuff could be stress/mental health related but could also be an indication of an underlying condition. Please get it checked out and stay safe.

Quick Reply

Latest