The Student Room Group

PRIME Energy Drinks

The soaring popularity of the Logan Paul/KSI-promoted energy drink PRIME is an influence I'm not really surprised about. KSI and Logan Paul are two massive social media celebrities, so if they endorse a line of energy drinks, the gen z crowd and children, along with anybody curious enough to try them-will bolt to the shops to sample the myriad of flavours on offer.

I've tried a couple of flavours of PRIME and it's nice and works well in accordance with its name. I tried Blue Raspberry and Lemon and Lime flavours and both of them are gentle-tasting and go down pretty well, so it is tempting me to find and try other flavours. I don't like them as much as Firefly drinks for example, but I do have fancy tastes.

What is becoming apparent though, is that even though there is a warning that children under 16 shouldn't consume it, they will inevitably do so anyway. Teenagers love consuming energy drinks for the caffeine buzz and sugar they offer-but I think it's within the popularity of these drinks that prompts them to drink them copiously.

I see the popularity of energy drinks in a similar way I see the overwhelming popularity of videogames like Fortnite and Minecraft. When word spreads all over the place and the media explodes with fervor about a product, it'll no-doubt be infectious and children will inevitably get swooped up in the fads and interests because they see it as a way to fit in.

Sorry about my verbose lecture here-but my questions are have you tried PRIME, do you like PRIME and what do you make of its popularity?
I have has prime before, and I've gotta say it's decent. It isn't worth the price some shops are selling it though. I think the only reason it's popular, is because it's Logan Paul and KSI's drink. If it was made by someone else, it probably wouldn't get much recognition.
Never tried it - no intention of trying it.

Monster original is the only energy drink worth drinking to be honest, and even then it's not really worth drinking as it's bad for your heart, but it's delicious

Quick Reply

Latest