The Student Room Group

Food to eat doing a study all nighter

Hi I'm a stressed uni student trying to cope with deadlines ive left to last minute

What foods are good for staying up studying at night or what is good?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated !! :smile:

Thank youu!!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi I'm a stressed uni student trying to cope with deadlines ive left to last minute

Thank youu!!

Hey there!

I personally recommend an energy drink at the start of the session. Don't have it mid-session because it stays in your system and you won't be able to sleep after you've finished. Then I'd recommend something quite sugary like a squares bar to get you through. If it's energy you're looking for then carbohydrates and sugars will be your best bet so go for something along those lines. Whatever you fancy really, don't focus on cramming food in and don't just eat because you're bored as you'll be focussing on that instead of your work.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU

Thank youu!!

Hey!

Definitely agree with the above about energy drink and sugary snacks! maybe make sure to have one of your favourites as well (whatever you like; pringles, maltesers etc.?) on hand to keep you motivated - that's what normally helps me! :biggrin:

Best of luck with your assignments!!

Natalie
University of Kent Student Rep

Thank youu!!

Hi Anon,

I definitely agree with an energy drink and/or sugary snacks.

I think snacks that are easy to grab, not messy, and are your favorites would be good, such as chocolates, crisps, popcorn, etc.

Personally, I find dried fruits (cranberries, apricots, mango) and nuts to be great!

Hope this helps and best of luck,
Isabella 🙂

Thank youu!!

Hi,

I would recommend long-acting carbs such as cereal bars and popcorn as they will keep your brain fuelled the best for your study needs. Also, make sure it is food that you enjoy as it'll keep you motivated.

Try not to stay up too late or do too many all-nighters though as your sleep is so important during the exam period!

Best of luck with your exams and assignments,

Mary
London South Bank University Student Rep (3rd-year Children's Nursing(

Thank youu!!

Anon,

Could you put in some early mornings rather than staying up all night?

If you can do at least an hour before your university lectures, then even if you don't have much time before your deadlines, you may find that you can begin to make some significant progress, as you can focus on getting a set thing done within that hour.

All the best,

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield

Thank youu!!

Hi there,

I find if I have my favourite snacks whether it's sweets, chocolate, popcorn or anything really it helps me. Something sugary usually helps!

Ellen
Y4 Medical Student
Uni of Sunderland
Digital Ambassador

Thank youu!!

Hiya,

I would usually recommend sugary food like sweets and chocolates, I try to avoid crisps and heavy food and mainly just stick to lighter snacks. I also would recommend fruit like berries or mangoes (sweet fruit) or dried fruit and nuts and lots of water/tea/coffee. Energy drinks can also help but I find tea or coffee does the job just as well.

Best of luck!

-Ghala

Thank youu!!

Hi!

I personally find some kind of energy drink works well if I'm trying to stay awake later at night! When it comes to food, I avoid carbohydrates as these always make me feel more tired! Some kind of protein packed meal with veg works for me and then fruit to snack on! Eventually I always crave a sugary snack as well!

Best of luck with all of your deadlines!

Rebecca

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending