The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Politics Paper 3A (9PL0 3A) 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by stud3nt2004
This is great thanks so much! Alan History Nerd made videos for the other two papers, so I'm holding out hope that he'll make one for paper 3. Originalism vs. Living constitution would be an amazing essay for me personally

Hey what points would you be making for originalism V living constitution as this isn't really something my teacher has covered ?
This is great thanks so much! Alan History Nerd made videos for the other two papers, so I'm holding out hope that he'll make one for paper 3. Originalism vs. Living constitution would be an amazing essay for me personally

would would the title of this question be, ' evtv the constitution is too open for interpretation?'
paper 3 im sh**ing it differently, idk ANYTHING its so hard and ive barely been taught omg
Reply 43
Original post by randoperson26101
paper 3 im sh**ing it differently, idk ANYTHING its so hard and ive barely been taught omg

Me too theres just so much content for a single paper and essay plans are so much harder beacuse they can really ask about anything and its usually so specific (Like affirmative action vs minority participation)
Reply 44
Please tell me I'm not the only one who got taught the US paper content really last minute and rushed, so I'm basically learning this content for the 1st time revising for this paper!?!
same here
Original post by Liggggy
Please tell me I'm not the only one who got taught the US paper content really last minute and rushed, so I'm basically learning this content for the 1st time revising for this paper!?!
what is minority participation)
Original post by finnstyles
Me too theres just so much content for a single paper and essay plans are so much harder beacuse they can really ask about anything and its usually so specific (Like affirmative action vs minority participation)
Reply 47
Also because we've only learnt this stuff for a few months whereas the other papers have been 2 years. Plus theres literally more content in this paper than the others its such a hard paper, AND no source and you have to choose 2/3 questions its literally a race to the bottom
Reply 48
Does anyone have any examples of PMs using three-line whips to get legislation passed in Parliament? (I"m looking at a 12 marker question comparing legislative systems in US and UK)
Original post by 3222227
Does anyone have any examples of PMs using three-line whips to get legislation passed in Parliament? (I"m looking at a 12 marker question comparing legislative systems in US and UK)

2018 3-line party whip given to conservative MPs to vote for the expansion of Heathrow Airport (8 went against this such as MP Goldsmith who then resigned)

How do you think they would phrase a question on this?
Reply 51
do you reckon they could ask a 12 mark question comparing electoral systems or would it be too tricky?
Reply 52
Original post by nadzxox
do you reckon they could ask a 12 mark question comparing electoral systems or would it be too tricky?

Maybe? But surely it would be focused on the 'westminster electoral system' rather than all the different electoral systems used in the UK, or that would be quite confusing
Reply 53
Maybe? But surely it would be focused on the 'westminster electoral system' rather than all the different electoral systems used in the UK, or that would be quite confusing

Also there was nothing on electoral systems in paper 1 was there? So i guess it could be possible?
think it'll be on devolution
Original post by nadzxox
Reply 55
Original post by randoperson26101
think it'll be on devolution

Surely it would have to be the differences rather than similarities between devolution and federalism?
Seeing as they didn't include any questions of Supreme Court in Paper 2, do you think it is most likely to come up as a 12 marker, or specifically an analyse question?
yea that what I meant my bad
Surely it would have to be the differences rather than similarities between devolution and federalism?
Reply 58
Does anyone have any 30 marker predicitons? I was thinking that the constitution is likely to come up as there hasn't been one in a while, but was wondering if anyone had any other topics that seem due to come up? :smile:
hey do you guys think that parties will come up, such as divides within the 2 main parties or the extent to which they agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending