The Student Room Group

What will happen if i do nit complete coursework before end of year 13?

Hi
Im in year 13 and on study leave. Well so basically i was doing applied science, health and social care and business. I ended up dropping them all and only doing health and social care. I only have two units left with only a few pieces of course work well one has a lot. Im planning on redoing my alevels online in september but my parents wanted me to finish this first. My mental health is low due to some family problems and i feel really unmotivated to complete ny work. My teacher has emailed me because my coursework will be moderated and i need to complete it but i have no motivation. I really want to drop out. Should i email her about my mental health problem?
Reply 1
If you do nit complete your coursework, you'll get 0 for the component I should imagine.

I know how hard mental health is, I've struggled with it throughout my life and dropped out of secondary for a few years - so know what I'm going to say comes from a place that has been through it. You need to get a handle on this and try your best to finish - maybe try and break it down and tackle bits individually? It's not pleasant or fluffy advice, but it is honestly the best thing for your situation.

How long do you have to do it? Happy to try and help you find a manageable timetable - I know how hard this rut can be, but you'll be pleased to be done with it and the pressure of having it languishing incomplete will eat you. Don't save it until your resits next year - the pressure will return then. You can do this!
Reply 2
Thank you so much for the advice. I have emailed my teacher and let her know about my mental health. Im going to try my best to complete it. Maybe ill ask her if i can leave the distinctions out. Im feeling a little better now. As for time i have until the end of next week. Well thats a goal i set myself :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much for the advice. I have emailed my teacher and let her know about my mental health. Im going to try my best to complete it. Maybe ill ask her if i can leave the distinctions out. Im feeling a little better now. As for time i have until the end of next week. Well thats a goal i set myself :smile:

Sometimes the hardest bit is reaching out - even if you don’t totally finish it, finishing some of it will be better than none.

I believe in you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest