The Student Room Group

how to cope with memories of a bereavement?

Hi. Exactly above. I list my aunt 2.5 years go so during covid time and I'm still crying over her. Missing her. I look at the flowers and remember her planing flowers always? Telling us all about her plants, teaching ushow to plant flowers etc and it's just horrible she's not with us.
She was the most lovely person on earth, we had what i call a"silent relationship " and honestly no one can match up to that. She will understand your without you having t to say anything. Always calm. I just miss it...how can i possibly try and move on.
it makes it worse when her passing was preventable and she didn't deserve to go like that. in S way she's prob happier now she's with her sisters but the void she's left is far greater than what people can see and understand. Please don't tell me to talk to family about it as no one knows or understands the impact she had on me and the emotynesw she has left. My mums upset about her not being around and does remember her on occasions but shes over the 'grief stage ' shall we say. Also due to covid i never got chance to say "bye "
how do you cope?
Reply 1
Original post by unknownforever
Hi. Exactly above. I list my aunt 2.5 years go so during covid time and I'm still crying over her. Missing her. I look at the flowers and remember her planing flowers always? Telling us all about her plants, teaching ushow to plant flowers etc and it's just horrible she's not with us.
She was the most lovely person on earth, we had what i call a"silent relationship " and honestly no one can match up to that. She will understand your without you having t to say anything. Always calm. I just miss it...how can i possibly try and move on.
it makes it worse when her passing was preventable and she didn't deserve to go like that. in S way she's prob happier now she's with her sisters but the void she's left is far greater than what people can see and understand. Please don't tell me to talk to family about it as no one knows or understands the impact she had on me and the emotynesw she has left. My mums upset about her not being around and does remember her on occasions but shes over the 'grief stage ' shall we say. Also due to covid i never got chance to say "bye "
how do you cope?

I lost my grandma 6 years ago. It was pre COVID but I still couldn't say goodbye due to her living abroad and me not having a valid passport. It doesn't go away. They will always be missing and nothing can replace them. When grieving it gets easier to manage but it never goes away there will always be moments when you remember them. Hopefully you can still celebrate her life even with her gone. If grief if getting in the way of you living your life (especially after 2 years) try therapy but otherwise there isn't much you can do. Just remember you're not alone

Quick Reply

Latest