The Student Room Group

Will my calculator run out of battery?

I have a casio fx-991EX which have been in use for 5, 6 years, and never had battery replaced during this time. In the manual it recommends changing battery 2 to 3 years.
The display is fine and the speed is running fast enough, but would it be in danger of suddenly running out of battery and just shut down? I really wouldn't want this to happen in the middle of an A Level exam!

I know there's a solar panel -- in the manual it says it works when the sun icon at top right appears, but mine never appear even in direct lamplight. Does it mean my calculator has a useless solar panel?
Original post by Bookworm524
I have a casio fx-991EX which have been in use for 5, 6 years, and never had battery replaced during this time. In the manual it recommends changing battery 2 to 3 years.
The display is fine and the speed is running fast enough, but would it be in danger of suddenly running out of battery and just shut down? I really wouldn't want this to happen in the middle of an A Level exam!

I know there's a solar panel -- in the manual it says it works when the sun icon at top right appears, but mine never appear even in direct lamplight. Does it mean my calculator has a useless solar panel?

If you're worried about the battery then you could do one of the following:
1. Replace the battery (it's an LR44).
2. Replace the calculator.
3. Borrow another calculator to use as a spare in case yours dies mid-exam.

If you opt for 3, make sure you know how the spare works.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending